“An OK getaway”
Review of Creekside Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Markleeville
Creekside Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Markleeville
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Went to Markleeville for a weekend getaway from Reno. We didn't want to pay the $200 a night+ price at nearby Sorenson's, so we opted for the Creekside Lodge. We wanted to be near the hot springs but not too far from home, and we didn't want to camp.
The room was cozy and the management was very, very nice. The outside of the hotel was also very tidy and welcoming. We felt like we were staying at a nice, clean, cozy joint.
The bed was lump and the furnace was loud, those were the only downsides. Otherwise the furnishings, bathroom, and linens were all tasteful, clean, and comfortable.
We overall enjoyed our stay but will probably just drive to the hot springs from Reno in the future and skip on the hotel. Or, save our money and splurge on Sorenson's.

Room Tip: Only ten minutes from Grover's hot springs. Go to Minden for dinner.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kirat2014
There are newer reviews for Creekside Lodge

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I wanted to spend a night away to "not" celebrate my birthday and decided to go up to Markleeville to enjoy Grover Hot Springs, a nice dinner, and a quiet night reading. I read the TripAdvisor reviews and decided to call and see if there was a room available at the Creekside Lodge. I had a nice conversation with Todd at the desk, and decided to head up the next day.
The Inn is small, right in "downtown" Markleeville. The rooms are cozy and very clean. My room was updated, the bed comfortable and the linens, towels, shower curtain all in new condition. The day I checked in the owner, herself, was cleaning the rooms. Probably why there is such a high standard of cleanliness.
The owner was very nice. She gave me a choice of rooms, showed me the little ice and hot beverage room, complete with a hot water tap and a small selection of complementary coffee, tea and apple cider. I told her how much I appreciated the coffee for the morning. She gave me my keys and I went on my way.
When I returned, I found a coffee pot and coffee had been left in my room and a few minutes later the owner came to my door with creamer and a real coffee cup. She said that she wanted me to enjoy a fresh brewed cup the next morning... which I did... immensely!
I went next door to the restaurant for a solo dinner and an after dinner drink at the bar, which had live music that night. That is where I met Todd in person, and found out what a wonderful town Markleeville is. They open their arms and welcome you in, and make you a part of their world, even if just for the one night you are there! Instead of a quiet, possibly lonely night in Markleeville, ignoring my birthday, I had a wonderful time and made some memories that will bring a smile to my face every time I think of my time there.
Thank you Creekside and Markleeville! I will be back!

Room Tip: I was given a room in the middle on the sunny side. It was quiet and had a view of the meadow.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank renodecor8r
Reviewed 24 November 2013

A small inn in Markleeville, on the eastern side of the Sierras. The place is sparkling clean. Rooms are small but very adequate. All rooms have been recently (???) refurbished and are charming.

Our compliments to Todd who was very helpful, gave us a choice of rooms to select from.

Good food at the restaurant next door.

All-in-all a very enjoyable and relaxing place

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank zanchi
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My friend and I went up to Markleeville for a little get away. We visited the hot springs nearby and and we both had a fantastic weekend. The hotel is so cute! very clean and decorated like a mountain cabin. It was very quite also and the beds are super comfy! we had hoped to drive up to Highland Lake over Ebbets pass but it snowed while we were sleeping. It was beautiful to wake up to the snow and the sun came out and it was like a postcard setting. I should also mention that they bar has some great beer on tap and the food was super yummy with large portions. I would highly recommend the Creekside Lodge, I will be back in the spring when the snow is gone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lori M
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were on the way to a wedding in Lake Tahoe and made plans with a good friend to stop over in Markleevile, California to do some trout fishing on the Carson River. Todd at the Creekside Lodge was able to set us up in two nice rooms for the night. He had some fishing spots to recommend for us and sold us the best bait for trout there. We managed to get our limits of big trout that afternoon and then again the next day. He even let us have a late check out so we could clean up before we left for our friends open house on Saturday. We will definitely go back there again and highly recommend Ali's Cafe next door for breakfast!

Room Tip: Book early because they are often full.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gregory W
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We decided to skip out of Reno at the last minute and took a drive out to Markleeville. We stumbled on this little lodge. The room was newly remodeled and very clean. The bed was comfortable and the price was great. From our room you could hear the creek at night. The staff were friendly and helpful. It is now a place on our regular weekend getaway list. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Wktravels
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is a clean, friendly little place in the middle of a tiny cute mountain town. Everything in the room works, as does the Lodge ice machine. Todd was managing when I arrived and went out of his way to make me feel at home. Todd, who worked as a fishing guide, grew up in this lovely area. Three restaurants are next door and across the street. One is a historic bar; another a trendy restaurant that attracts many from Carson City. I stayed in the front room, which had street noise.

Room Tip: I was fortunate to obtain the last available room. It is the one in front and gets street noise. Av...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Tirebiter8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Markleeville
Best Western Topaz Lake Inn
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
#1 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Meadow cliff Lodge & Coleville KOA

Been to Creekside Lodge? Share your experiences!