“Big Mistake”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Marysville
Redwood City, California
“Big Mistake”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

No hot water, pedestal sink in bath (no where to put things), no toilet paper holder, no electric outlet in bath, only accessible outlet was not installed completely (was afraid to use it), dogs allowed but no facility to dispose of waste, inadequate lighting in room, grounds completely unkempt, TV remote did not work, the location could not be worse (road noise, right next to freeway & railroad tracks on other side of freeway). Maybe building department should inspect; not sure this place should be open for business.
Will say, if they ever finish remodeling it, it would be nice except for location and atrocious interior decorating.
The picture above is only the front corner, the rest does not look like this!

Room Tip: If at all possible, stay way in the back, as far as possible from road.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The photos don't do it justice. I stayed two weeks on a long road trip across the state. The room was a king suite, with posh king bed, and a sleeper sofa. Upscale furniture and well-equipped with coffe/fridge/micro- it felt like an in-law suite in a mansion, even. The breakfast has eggs, waffles, breads, juice, cereal, fruit, coffee, and the dining room is upscale and spacious. Close to Yuba City and Marysville, and the air force base, but the immediate are has a Wal-Mart and fast food, if you are on foot. Fast WiFi, and the flatscreen TV had over 300 reliable channels. If Rio was in a more densely populated place or near tourist attractions, they could easily command 3 times what they charge.

Room Tip: Front rooms (facing Beale Road) seem to appear to be for short stays, the back of the complex appear...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Iso T
Reno, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed there with small grandchildren and was very nervous due to location....One bed had no bottom sheet...had to call office...they delivered a flat sheet and planned to leave...I said stay and help me lift mattress to make bed...Later tried to turn on lamp by bed...feeling in dark for switch...my finger almost went into the empty light socket...turned on overhead light to find lamp plugged in. Office brought a light which did not work and put in lamp. Next a.m. asked front desk clerk to make sure water glasses, ice bucket and coffee maker plus extra set of towels and working light bulb was put in room..reservation was for 3 (2 queen beds)...arrived back that night to no water glasses, no ice bucket , no towels, and no coffee maker again (lamp was on though)! I called office again to have all delivered with apologies...bathroom was very dirty..as was vanity area & lighting. NEVER AGAIN. VERY DISAPPOINTED AFTER READING REVIEWS.

Room Tip: only front strip of rooms have been remodeled....back area is monthly rentals to scarey individuals...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Marysville hotels

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I would recommend the Rio to anyone. The manager is awesome,the rooms are newly remodeled, really cool theme, never have seen anything like it. Beds are so comfortable, nice little deli that delivers and has great food. Well worth the stop. The price is great ......

• Stayed August 2013
Winton, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I will update this when I get home but so far I am very Leary and not looking forward to staying here. I made my reservation a month ago, decided to call back and get a jacuzzi room. I called today to verify and Razad (had to ask his name, because every time I have called no one gives there name) acted like I woke him (friendly employees? HAH!!) first asked my what kind of room I wanted, I told him I should have a reservation then he said "ah, yeah" Two queen beds. Well, due to the communication barrier I let it go at that but I am not pleased at all and it is too late to cancel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Bragg, California, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I was traveling with my brother and his motorhome was having fuel pump problems. It was very late and I could tell my brother needed to sleep before attempting the remaining drive to Fort Bragg, CA. Due to expenses at the auto parts store and gas prices, I was on a tighter budget then I'm use to. I have had many years experience in janitorial services, especially motel cleaning. Due to the really cheap price I was expecting a run down cheap motel. when I walked into the room I was shocked at how very nice the room was. I've traveled a lot and stayed in many motels . I have to say that the room I was in that night in Marysville was clean spacious, and nicely furnished. I really liked the tile floors with the oriental rug design. No ants or roaches. very clean and the furnishings had a classy touch to them. In the morning we entered the lobby for breakfast which I had a Belgian waffle, orange juice a Danish and some fruit. I've only stayed in one other motel that had one of those waffle makers that you flip over and cook your waffle yourself. The motel staff was very nice and helpful. you really get your moneys worth at this motel. I would love the opportunity to stay again.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was one of the newly renovated rooms and was a non smoking room. I am a smoke...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Issaquah
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Stayed couple nights there to attend annual sikh parade in yuba city. Very Nice Accommodation For the Price. Good Spacious Rooms. Friendly staff. Breakfast was Ok. Rooms have TV, Fridge, microwave. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again if we return next year to visit Yuba City Sikh Parade.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Comfort Suites Beale Air Force Base Area
Motel 6 Marysville South
Motel 6 Marysville South
#5 of 7 in Marysville
Americas Best Value Inn-Marysville

Been to Rio Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!