My husband and I just stayed in this hotel for 6 days with our 3 young granddaughters. I can't say enough good things about this place! We started out in a basic room with a king-sized bed and sofa sleeper. When that arrangement didn't work well for us because we felt cramped, the staff recommended the 2-bedroom suite and offered us a discount on it. We were much more comfortable in the 2-bedroom suite because we and the children had our own rooms. Each bedroom has an air conditioning unit, so the temperature can be different in different rooms.
We didn't hear ANY noise coming from the other rooms, so the hotel must be well insulated.
The windows actually open, which is such a nice feature. Hotel rooms become so stuffy when a window can't be opened. There was a good amount of air circulation when we opened windows in both bedrooms.
We were in a room right next to the elevator, but we could not hear it ascending and descending. We also did not hear the guests if they were talking while waiting for the elevator.
The breakfast was good! The eggs were real eggs, not that strange powdery stuff you sometimes get at a hotel breakfast buffet. Also, the eggs weren't always scrambled. Some days they served small cheese omelets, and other days the eggs were in the shape of a patty. Hard to explain, but it was a nice change from scrambled eggs. They also have yogurt that does not contain chemical sweeteners. That was a real plus for our family. We also enjoyed making our own waffles. There were hard-boiled eggs, bananas, apples, and oranges available every morning. They also have a few cold cereals to choose from. I'm eating a gluten-free diet, so I appreciated the Cheerios. Of course, they have coffee, milk, and juice available too.
The pool was a delight to our granddaughters! On the day we arrived, the water was too hot for our comfort. It felt like a Jacuzzi to us. Erin was quick to turn down the heat when we asked for a cooler temperature.
Every single staff member that we encountered over our 6-day stay was very friendly and helpful! They always smiled and greeted us when we entered the hotel, and Dereck even bussed our breakfast table for us without being asked to do so. He was especially kind to our granddaughters. We enjoyed interacting with Heather and the manager, Jean. The maids were very friendly and helpful, too.
We stayed in a room that faced the street, and it was rather noisy because of the traffic and the train. I wore earplugs, so it didn't bother me, but light sleepers might want a room facing the back parking lot.
The bathroom in the 2-bedroom unit is quite large, which was convenient for our family since we had 3 girls in there at the same time quite often, brushing their teeth and rinsing off after taking a swim.
The beds are clean, firm, and comfortable. The pillows were a bit puffy for my taste, but the rest of my family liked them.
Overall, we had a delightful time, and we will be returning to this hotel the next time we are in Marysville.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites hotel is conveniently located walking distance from the Yuba River, offering many recreational opportunities. This Marysville, CA hotel is minutes from Yuba College, the Sleep Train Amphitheatre outdoor concert venue, Marysville Raceway Park, E Street MX motorcross tracks and Beale Air Force Base. The Yuba County Airport and the Sutter County Airport are three miles, and the Sacramento International Airport is 25 miles away. Several shops and a variety of restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Beale Air Force Base Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Marysville Hotel Marysville
- Marysville Comfort Suites