“Aaron's at the McCloud River Lodge”
Review of McCloud River Lodge - CLOSED

McCloud River Lodge
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Separate from the lodging, you need to visit this restaurant and bar. The food here was amazing! We each had two dinners here; prawns, chicken alfredo, sirloin steak and eggplant parmigiana. Everything was cooked to our individual taste and the steak was so flavorful and tender, I barely needed a knife. --And I request extra well done! The chef and server were both courteous and friendly. The bartender made several mixed drinks that tasted great, and one she even brought the excess in the bender in a separate glass, so I had almost two full drinks for one low price! : )
I would definitely make a special stop here on my way to other places just to have another meal.

1  Thank Lm S

Reviewed 13 April 2013

[Note to - someone? - this restaurant is now called Aaron's]

I've had two dinners here, and the basic cheeseburger was by far one of the best I've ever had. Even the fries were terrific - never got soggy or greasy, and I'm a slow eater! On a different night I also had the rib eye steak, and it was cooked to perfection; the veggies were a little over-spiced, but still tasty. On the negative side, my companion had two chicken dishes, and was underwhelmed by both; also, the house wine is pretty bad, and the beer selection needs an IPA on tap! Some of the Italian dishes smelled wonderful though - might try them next time.

The service is great, and the tavern/bar seems like a true hometown gathering place. In the summer, they have outdoor seating with BBQ and beer tent - with an excellent view of Mt. Shasta from certain spots. With a few tweaks (including some updating of the décor, perhaps?), this could rate another star or two.

1  Thank Hija_del_sol
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Our room was comfortable and had a great fireplace, furnace. The jacuzzi is adequate but nice. The restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. We had the last booth and th lights froe outdooors shined right into my eyes. The itailian food leaves a lot to be desired. our you waiter did a good job but was sitll lacking. Could not wait to get out of there with all the lights and crap in the restaurant. Went to the bar for a drink and the bartender who brought us out bottle of wine at dinner and did not know how to pour it ( he poured me a taste and the capped it and left) was at the bar when I arrived after dinner. He ignored me when I sat at the bar since he needed to go out side to do "something". The man next to me caught the lady bartender attention (who I guess was not working) to get me my drin,k.. So very friendly bar but watch out for the young bartender.

1  Thank tmdaok
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Good steaks; they do beef well here. Baked potato a little undercooked, I asked for mashed the next time and it was very good. Several beers on tap.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

When you are the only restaurant in town you can basically call the shots. Luckily this family run restaurant aimed to please. Everyone was friendly, helpful and the food was delicious! They were very accommodating with splitting dinners or adding things to your meal. Good wine and beer selection, outside seating with a stream running through it afforded a wonderful view of Mt. Shasta.