“Yeomen's duty”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We ate at this restaurant with misgiving because of the recent poor evaluations. There was a massive power failure over the entire area at dinner time and this was the only place serving dinner! We were pleasantly surprised at the effort the staff put forth to be friendly and provide great service. We ordered the lasagna and two green salads. Both were excellent and plenty of food for two people. The lasagna was easily 3 inches or more high and loaded with Italian sausage! We had to sit on the lovely little garden patio where we could smell the pine trees and fresh air. It was great and considering the situation, wound up being a wonderful experience!

1  Thank Beth C

Reviewed 20 August 2013

There is nothing to like about this dump. The food and people are terrible. The restaurant is not clean. I would not feed the preparations to my dog. Kitchen staff is loud and foul-mouthed and can be heard throughout the dining room. This establishment should be closed!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We requested to sit outside in the garden, which they accommodated even though it was before they had the patio open, but they forgot about us after bringing our food. They didn't bring us silverware, napkins, and our wine. The food was alright... A burger and a pasta dish. Good cocktails. (Full bar)

1  Thank greengoddess1960
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Separate from the lodging, you need to visit this restaurant and bar. The food here was amazing! We each had two dinners here; prawns, chicken alfredo, sirloin steak and eggplant parmigiana. Everything was cooked to our individual taste and the steak was so flavorful and tender, I barely needed a knife. --And I request extra well done! The chef and server were both courteous and friendly. The bartender made several mixed drinks that tasted great, and one she even brought the excess in the bender in a separate glass, so I had almost two full drinks for one low price! : )
I would definitely make a special stop here on my way to other places just to have another meal.

1  Thank Lm S
Reviewed 13 April 2013

[Note to - someone? - this restaurant is now called Aaron's]

I've had two dinners here, and the basic cheeseburger was by far one of the best I've ever had. Even the fries were terrific - never got soggy or greasy, and I'm a slow eater! On a different night I also had the rib eye steak, and it was cooked to perfection; the veggies were a little over-spiced, but still tasty. On the negative side, my companion had two chicken dishes, and was underwhelmed by both; also, the house wine is pretty bad, and the beer selection needs an IPA on tap! Some of the Italian dishes smelled wonderful though - might try them next time.

The service is great, and the tavern/bar seems like a true hometown gathering place. In the summer, they have outdoor seating with BBQ and beer tent - with an excellent view of Mt. Shasta from certain spots. With a few tweaks (including some updating of the décor, perhaps?), this could rate another star or two.

1  Thank Hija_del_sol