“Not closed.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Best dinner, portions, I've seen. Old owners of the White Mountain Cafe are now here. I've been here twice and thoroughly enjoyed both meals (as well as the leftovers). My new "go to" in McCloud.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

About the only place in town, but it was fine...not great. You can get steaks, ribs, burgers etc. service was good.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at the McCloud River Inn and did not get into town until 8pm and apparently the town rolls up it's sidewalks at 8pm (even on a Friday night)!!! We thought we were going to have to drive 15 minutes or so to Mt. Shasta for dinner when we came across the McCloud River Lodge sign that still had their "Open" sign on at 8:15 pm. We walked in the bar, saw some tables and the pool table and thought - ok well some "bar food" will be better than driving to the next town. So we sat down.....our server came over and was extremely friendly. polite and professional in both appearance and demeanor. As we looked at the menu and heard him tell us about the "specials" that night.....we realized it was not just going to be "bar food". My boyfriend had a 9 layer lasagna and said it was the best he had ever eaten! I had the coconut prawns and clam chowder which were also the BEST I have ever had NOT on the coast. Everything from the salad dressing to the fresh green beans sauteed in bacon and garlic was absolutely delisious! The Chef even came out to talk to us and see how everything was. We were VERY pleasantly suprised and impressed to say the least. Oh and the cherry on the cake? Their prices were very reasonable. We have paid a lot more for so-so meals from chains like Logan's, Red Lobster and Famous Daves. We will DEFINITELY be back.........soon!!!

2  Thank Steph-n-Allen
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Not sure what happened in December, but the usual very good food at the River lodge was not tasty. All four of our meals were below par. Waitress was friendly, but useless. Luckily the TV's and jukebox were working. We'll be back, hope the regular chef will be too.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Unfortunately we ordered take away- unfortunate because it was then to late to return the "food" that we got.
We ordered the "alfredo" angel hair pasta which was just a lump of badly cooked cheap stuck together noodles in a sauce which tasted like milk and water- no flavour or seasoning at all. There was a chunk of cheese jammed in the corner of the box.
The meal was PATHETIC- a 2 year old could have done better.
What is worse is that the meal cost $12- probably cost them 30c to make.
The chef obviously doesn't care about his job or what he does.
Biggest waste of money of my life and most ridiculous eating experience ever.
I know this sounds harsh- but I am not over-exaggerating at all- this is the simple truth of what happened to us- buyer beware!