“Full Moon Kayak Tour”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Full Moon Kayak Tour”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our full moon kayak tour with McCloud Outdoors. The owners Charlie and Cindy are great people and they make sure you have a good time. Soon after we were in the water the group saw a Bald Eagle dive down and snag a trout out of the water which was a great start. I think this trip is great for beginners and more experienced kayakers. They serve dessert and champagne on the water while the full moon comes into view. If you are in the area I would have to say it is a must to do a tour with them.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jetsetterspe

Weed, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Glass Mountain”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Want to see the beginning of earth . . . or the end? Take the drive to Medicine Lake, site of one of the largest calderas in California and follow the signs to Glass Mountain. Lava flows, obsidian deposits, and pumice abound. It is dormant, but the hardened great masses of formerly molten minerals will have you in awe. This could be the beginning of any planet; however, it is our planet and you will be witness to what our earth was.

Visited August 2013
Newbury Park, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Moonlight Kayaking - Fantastic!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is one of the most fun things I have ever done! I am not very outdoorsy, but I can Kayak. Who knew? The owners, Charlie and Cindy, with the help of their staff, take all precautions to keep you safe, so you can have a fantastic time. You show up at the Mc Cloud Reservoir, are given instructions, climb into your assigned kayak and paddle out for the best adventure of your life. Being on the lake as the full moon is coming up is so awesome. It's quite and peaceful. Do yourself a favor and join in the fun. They offer other day kayaking as well.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank sclbfly
Sacramento, California, USA
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“was here before”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had came before, when the Shasta Diner Train was running and I had lost all my picture and had to return to redo my pictures of Mt Shasta, Burning Falls etc. This town is a fantastic place to visit as there are still a lot of interesting things to see recommend very highly to visit

Visited June 2014
Felton, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Adventure”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My wife and I traveled to McCloud California for a short getaway. We have wanted to try kayaking for some time. After looking on the internet and finding that McCloud Outdoors offered kayak rentals we decided to try it. We were amazed by how much help the owners of the company were to us. They set us up with really great equipment, hauled it to the local lake and made sure we were comfortable with it's use. This company is a winner and is owned and operated by some genuinely nice people who are excited to share what they know about outdoor adventures. Thank you McCloud Outdoors!

Visited August 2013