“Noisy”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The food is fine. Typical brewery food, but unless you can get a table on the left side of the restaurant, it's too loud usually to hold a conversation. Also, I ordered out, last St. Patricks Day, their corned beef and cabbage. It was more of a stew and too salty to eat. I had to throw it away. It was very disappointing.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just had lunch w/ a friend at Six Rivers Brewery. As a local I eat here every once and awhile always finding their crafted beers clean and crisp and the food is good. I usually have fish and chips but today had a hamburger which I thought was excellent. You could actually taste the beef because the burger wasn't slathered w/ gobs of "special sauces". The dinner side salad was also good and had a nice mix of veggies accompanying fresh lettuce. Its one of the better places for lunch in McKinleyville.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My rating scale: 2=short of expectations, 3=meets, 4=exceeds, 5=blown away. I very rarely give 5. Expectations based on similar establishments with similar price points.
I really wanted to like 6 Rivers, I really did, and I see a lot of potential in the place. We just didn't have a very good overall experience.
Service: 3: Adequate. Our server and hostess were courteous and efficient, and the service frequency was adequate given how busy it was on an early Saturday evening.
Our main gripe was the dreadful table/chair combination. A barrel with a table top, with backless bar stools, which were too high for the table. Chairs would've been too short. I alternated sitting and standing, and the Missus' back was killing her. We asked to be reseated and were denied. It was busy, so I didn't press the issue.
Food: 2: Good menu with an above average selection for a brew-pub. All 4 dishes were slightly disappointing. The burger, medium rare, was dry with too much bun. Ditto the chicken sandwich. My stuffed pork loin was tasty but dry. Ditto the port sliders. Dang. Bad evening.
Beer: 3: I got the flight of 5 four-ounce samples. the Sasquatch double IPA was quite good, and the apple lambic was a very tasty diversion. The regular IPA was fine, the Porter was cloying, as usual. I don't recall the 5th.
Atmosphere: 3: typical busy noisy bustleing brew pub, TVs on sports, back area getting set up for a band. Nothing unusual here.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I go to the Six Rivers Brewery for live music, drinks and food about once a month. It is a great brew pub! The beer and food they make is really tasty and the atmosphere is casual. The staff is really fantastic.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Good place to eat, they have a nice selection and good service. I had the grilled wahoo tacos which were very good, also had sushi which is prepared and delivered by the Chef.