“Top of the Hill Brewery”
Review of Six Rivers Brewery

Six Rivers Brewery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Six Rivers Brewery is a well known watering hole and eatery and is family friendly. Good selection of microbeers of their crafting and hard liquor. Tues.night fried chicken is very good. They serve a pretty good fish n chips as well.Good gut bombs and fries. Service can be slow at rush times though, and it gets noisy.Wait person can b hit or miss. Traffic into northbound on central avenue is a breeze. Southbound into,and it is on the southern most end of town can be dicey making that left hand turn. Take the first/last north/south exit(Central Ave.)Top of the hill in Mckinleyville!.Enjoy!

1  Thank David S

Reviewed 13 April 2014

we were here in January and loved the place so came back again... packed with people on a Friday night but got seated after a 15 minute wait. The service was very slow! There were 4 of us eating and 2 meals came out after a 15 minute wait for the food, another meal came a couple of minutes later and the final meal came out 10 minutes after the others. One meal had fries instead of onion rings so that was another delay. The waitress left the fries for us to eat but there was no adjustment made on the check and when I ordered a side of hot wing sauce I was charged $1.50 for it! Really? No mention that there would be a charge for a side of sauce. Overall, the food really is good but the slow service and the loud noise level makes it hard to hold a conversation and we got out of there before the band started. We will go back because of the food but I will pick a less crowded time.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The food is fine. Typical brewery food, but unless you can get a table on the left side of the restaurant, it's too loud usually to hold a conversation. Also, I ordered out, last St. Patricks Day, their corned beef and cabbage. It was more of a stew and too salty to eat. I had to throw it away. It was very disappointing.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just had lunch w/ a friend at Six Rivers Brewery. As a local I eat here every once and awhile always finding their crafted beers clean and crisp and the food is good. I usually have fish and chips but today had a hamburger which I thought was excellent. You could actually taste the beef because the burger wasn't slathered w/ gobs of "special sauces". The dinner side salad was also good and had a nice mix of veggies accompanying fresh lettuce. Its one of the better places for lunch in McKinleyville.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My rating scale: 2=short of expectations, 3=meets, 4=exceeds, 5=blown away. I very rarely give 5. Expectations based on similar establishments with similar price points.
I really wanted to like 6 Rivers, I really did, and I see a lot of potential in the place. We just didn't have a very good overall experience.
Service: 3: Adequate. Our server and hostess were courteous and efficient, and the service frequency was adequate given how busy it was on an early Saturday evening.
Our main gripe was the dreadful table/chair combination. A barrel with a table top, with backless bar stools, which were too high for the table. Chairs would've been too short. I alternated sitting and standing, and the Missus' back was killing her. We asked to be reseated and were denied. It was busy, so I didn't press the issue.
Food: 2: Good menu with an above average selection for a brew-pub. All 4 dishes were slightly disappointing. The burger, medium rare, was dry with too much bun. Ditto the chicken sandwich. My stuffed pork loin was tasty but dry. Ditto the port sliders. Dang. Bad evening.
Beer: 3: I got the flight of 5 four-ounce samples. the Sasquatch double IPA was quite good, and the apple lambic was a very tasty diversion. The regular IPA was fine, the Porter was cloying, as usual. I don't recall the 5th.
Atmosphere: 3: typical busy noisy bustleing brew pub, TVs on sports, back area getting set up for a band. Nothing unusual here.