“Airport Dining at it's best!”
Review of Silver Lining - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Silver Lining
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Watch the planes land while you enjoy an excellent cocktail and have a fine dining experience! I did not expect such a classy estaurant at an airport! This was a very pleasant surprise! The food is top-notch, one of the five best restaurants in Humboldt County!

1  Thank Michelle d
There are newer reviews for Silver Lining

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Over priced. and hot on a sunny day. it was actually the heat that made us leave, not the high prices.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Had a couple of hours to kill before my flight and went to the Silver Lining expecting the same type of food and service I'd received in Klamath and Samoa. But I was pleasantly surprised. Prices were much less expensive and the food and service were excellent. Had a delicious sandwich with a mixed greens salad and their homemade Parmesan Vinaigrette dressing and yummy carrot cake for dessert. It exceeded all of my expectations along with the delightful waitress, helpful and available without hovering. There are nice views from the tables in the bar area and the temperature was comfortable (not over air conditioned). My only complaint was the blaring MSN commentator on the big screen. But I was in the bar area.

1  Thank thewhirlwindgirl
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I have eaten here 7 or 8 times in the last few years and up until my last visit two nights ago had always had a great meal and service so I hope they just had a bad night. I ordered the New York steak and prawns . I ask for my steak to be cooked med rare it was over cooked and rubbery I sent it back and this time it was rare but still tasted like rubber the battered Prawns were soaked in the sauce for the steak witch did not taste very good the Prawns were also rubbery . The service was good but I have had better food at Jack in the box. My friends meal was as bad as mine for the $100.00 this cost I would have been better off to have eaten the money. I will go back again to see if this was a one time deal I hope so '

1  Thank vet124
Reviewed 19 May 2011

We were in Arcata for the HSU graduation weekend, so restaurant reservations were tough. Our daughter's landlady recommended the Silver Lining. The Silver Lining restaurant is located in the main operations building at the Arcata/Eureka airport in McKinleyville (about 7 miles north of Arcata). You would expect a limited "hamburgers and shakes" menu from a restaurant located at a small public airport having only a few commercial flights each day. You would be wrong. This full service restaurant serves breakfast, Sunday brunch, lunch and dinner and has full bar service in the adjoining lounge. Each table is draped with a white table cloth. Fortunately we came in late afternoon, as the restaurant was fully booked by HSU grad families and the local highschool prom couples for the evening. i enjoyed a cup of clam chowder for $4.75 (which the restaurant claims to have won a county-wide competition) and dinner-plate sized portion of Shrimp Louie for $12.50. (The Shrimp Louie, although probably half the size of the portion served at the Seascape restaurant in nearby Trinidad, is certainly adequate for most appetites.) My wife had a lunch menu entree of ravioli with a Marinara sauce for $12.50. A fresh-baked mini-loaf of bread was also served. Everything was delicious! I would also highly recommend a Bloody Mary. I ordered a "spicy" Blood Mary and the drink was one of the best I have ever been served. Our daughter's landlady particularly recommended the Eggs Benedict but we will need to save that meal for another visit.

1  Thank DSteveCA