Good location, charming rooms, great and friendly service, fair pricing, and delicious breakfasts. We stayed two nights in the lovely Bessie Strauss Suite, which sits on the second floor and includes a bay window alcove area. The room has a very charming ambiance and is nicely furnished. It has a fireplace which comes pre-stocked with kindling wood in place ready to light - a really nice touch. The king bed was also very comfortable. However the star of this room is the bay window with table and chairs, which has a wonderful scenic view of the garden area with the cliffs and ocean in the background. The bay window is truly a great place to enjoy your full breakfast, read the complimentary paper, take in the view, and plan your next days outing. Also enjoyed the tea and home made cookies in the late afternoon. Finally, the proprietors were very friendly and accommodating, including preparing a mild variant of their breakfast for our tastes. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Headlands Inn is a distinctive Bed and Breakfast in the heart of picturesque, coastal Mendocino village. Casual elegance awaits you at this historic New England-style Victorian saltbox, where personalized service, charming accommodations, and tantalizing breakfasts ensure a perfect getaway! Ideally located, the Inn is only a short stroll to Mendocino's wonderful shops, galleries, restaurants, and the mighty Pacific Ocean. Come to relax, to reconnect, to celebrate -- Come and fall in love with Mendocino, and the Headlands Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Headlands Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Headlands Hotel Mendocino