My boyfriend and I have stayed at other B&Bs in Mendocino and I have to say that by far, this is the best B&B we've stayed at in Mendocino. It is a very lovely inn. It has a touch of old, sentimental decor but its very charming and cozy. The gardens in the front is well manicured. We stayed at a room overlooking the ocean and it was very romantic and relaxing. We stayed at the John Barry Room. It's not as big as the Strauss room but it was perfect. I love the blue and white interior and that we were on the third floor. We would eat our breakfast and read our books facing the ocean view of our bedroom while sitting on the very comfortable couches. The inn is very clean. The bed and comforters are so soft and comfortable. The towels and bathrobes are nice.
The breakfast is absolutely divine. The first day we had some quiche, fresh fruits and muffins. The next day, we had french toast with some custard filing and fruit toppings, sausages and fresh fruits.
They also have tea time from 4-7pm where they serve beverages like coffee, tea, sherry and they have many different types of cookies. Its a nice time to mingle and chat with other guests.
Most of all, the staff is wonderful. I didn't get to meet Jeffrey in person but he was lovely on the phone. We had the chance to chat with Kelly on both days and she was just absolutely sweet and delightful. We enjoyed chatting with her very much and listening to her stories about Mendocino. We also appreicated that she recommended the Mendocino Coast Botanical Garden as we've never been there. It is a must when you're in Mendocino. The garden is beautiful and more than what we expected. Thank you Kelly!
We fell in love with Headlands Inn on our first stay. We will definitely try to stay here again when we come back to Mendocino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Headlands Inn is a distinctive Bed and Breakfast in the heart of picturesque, coastal Mendocino village. Casual elegance awaits you at this historic New England-style Victorian saltbox, where personalized service, charming accommodations, and tantalizing breakfasts ensure a perfect getaway! Ideally located, the Inn is only a short stroll to Mendocino's wonderful shops, galleries, restaurants, and the mighty Pacific Ocean. Come to relax, to reconnect, to celebrate -- Come and fall in love with Mendocino, and the Headlands Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Odigeo so you can book your Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Headlands Hotel Mendocino
- Headlands Inn Bed And Breakfast