Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast
US$74
Groupon.com
US$252
Travelocity
Little River Inn(Little River)
US$197
Heritage House Resort(Little River)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$156
The Heritage House
Coast Inn & Spa(Fort Bragg)
US$87
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$132
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$141
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$72
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$110
Anchor Lodge Motel(Fort Bragg)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmitch and denisewilson roomannie's roomcookiescasper cottagebessie strausseach morningb bthe stuffed french toastfresh flowerswood burning fireplaceowners and stafftop floorcelebrate our anniversaryother guestsin townfrittata
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2010

My husband and I just got married this past Saturday in the beautiful little garden at the Victorian era Headlands Inn in the seaside town of Mendoncino, CA. It was just the two of us and we planned it with maybe 2 months' notice. Denise and Mitch, the inn-keepers/owners, were incredibly generous and gracious hosts. When we realized approximately 1 week prior to our wedding ceremony that our marriage license required that we have 1 witness and when we learned that the afternoon winds and the inclement weather in Mendocino that weekend would probably make a ceremony on a bluff overlooking the ocean very difficult, I e-mailed the Inn asking if we could use their garden and if someone from the Inn could serve as a witness. They agreed to these requests in the most gracious and sweet reply, and our ceremony was just beautiful surrounded by the flowering garden, the singing birds, and the peaceful ambiance.

The breakfasts are fantastic and delicious, just as so many reviewers raved, and they're brought to your room with a newspaper and flowers. As far as I know every room has a window-side table with comfy chairs where you can enjoy this breakfast with a beautiful view. We were in the Strauss Room, one of the two large rooms available at the Inn. We saw several of the other rooms on our way out the last morning and they were all gorgeous! The pictures DO NOT do this place justice - and they're pretty good pics!

I can't even begin to describe the bed.... I HAVE to find a feather bed to put on our bed at home. The bed in the Strauss room seriously felt like sleeping on clouds. I suspect the other beds are the same!

The Inn is in a residential area of town with beautiful cottages and flowering gardens about 1.5 blocks from the BEST restaurant in town - the Cafe Beaujolais, and only about 2 blocks from all of the shops and galleries. You can also easily walk to the seaside bluffs and the beach within 10 minutes, and you can drive to other fantastic restaurants, such as the Ledford House in Albion, in about 15 minutes. If you want to relax at the Inn the garden has chairs and benches, there's the sweet parlor with homemade cookies, tea and sherry at 4pm, or your fabulous room with a fireplace! I really loved this place. I can't recommend it enough. Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FoodandLove
Reviewed 8 March 2010

My hubby and I stayed in Annie's Room for two nights. We loved it! The bedroom was good-sized and the bathroom was in a separate room off a short private hallway which was part of the room so it was almost like a suite and felt spacious. We could hear people moving around upstairs sometimes and we heard occasional noise from the kitchen, which is right next door, when we were in the room in the daytime or early evening but otherwise it was quiet at night. The windows are allowed to be opened and we had one open both nights and rarely heard any street noise.

I'm very picky about showers and bathrooms. I'm a tall person and the toilet was a bit low. The shower was good. The first morning I showered at 7:30 and there was no trouble with the water temperature. The second morning, we slept in and I showered at 9:30. Others were taking showers and the temperature fluctuated at times.

The staff was friendly and the breakfasts were phenomenal! See attached photo of one of them. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Titan1
Reviewed 15 February 2010

If you're looking for a friendly, good-looking and tranqil place to stay then look no further than the Headlands Inn and Mendocino. Being used to the variable quality of British B&B's which operate on similar lines to those of California, I can honestly say I've never stayed at a better one than the Headlands. What makes it stand out is the value you get for your night's rent. The room we stayed in was beautifully decorated in a chintzy style which blends well with Mendocino's rural seaside atmosphere. Guests are treated to a cosy sitting room with all manner of refreshment and entertainment on hand for rainy days spent indoors - although we only stayed one night we did experience the coastal rain and wind and could appreciate the need to get indoors for a while on a winter's day.
Mendocino isn't a big place, but the Headlands manages to be near the centre - in easy staggering distance of some interesting bars, cafe's and restaurants. (We tried Patterson's pub and enjoyed the busy atmosphere, great selection of beers and the stuffed moose's head staring dolefully down at us as we ate a hearty meal of crab and mussels.)
We were welcomed by Jeffrey, Mitch and Denise who proved warm and informative on all aspects of the local scene. Next morning we devoured the best breakfast we'd EVER had! Delivered hot to our room to eat in bed if we wanted to. Gorgeous!
Stay at this charming B&B if you want to experience the care and attention that an honest and dedicated family business can bring to a night's stay in a small hotel. You'll never experience anything like it at a big corporate hotel no matter what you pay!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stevev98
Reviewed 13 January 2010

First time ever in a B&B and one of the best experiences of my life. You are welcomed by their staff and given all information you need. The beds (although I am allergic) never bothered me in the least. Goose feather pillows, mattress and the sounds of the ocean which is right across the street made for a restful night. I can't remember when I slept so good. Then upon waking you hear a knock on the door and here comes the breakfast, should be called a breakfeast. What unique ideas for breakfast and what a tasteful one. That meal could've lasted me all day. But in the afternoon there is a tea with several different choices of coffee or tea or spiced apple drinks and cookies. That is a wonderful way to meet your neighbors. Everyone who was there had been a return guest and I can understand why. The shops are within waking distance and so are the cliffs and trails. What more could you ask for. They even have a massage therapist to come to your room if you decide to have one. The next morning, stuffed French toast, out of this world in taste and always presented artfully. The staff had wonderful stories to tell and kept you laughing. There was even an outside garden if you chose to read there. Thank you again, Mitch, Denise, Kelly, Jeffrey and all the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gypsy10
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I went to the Headlands Inn with two friends for my birthday and it was the best decision ever. The Inn has the friendliest people you will ever meet. They have a beautiful B&B and I have never slept so well in a long time. The food was out of this world. It was such a wonderful trip and can't wait until I return. You won't find service like this at just any place.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends