“Never got off the ground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mendocino
Mendocino Farmhouse
Ranked #18 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Lexington, Kentucky
“Never got off the ground”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I concur about previous posts regarding the owner inhospitality. I booked 3 nights for my children and I on a long (35 day trip) online. It had defaulted to the month of May on the website instead of June. I didn't catch it. The owner called when we obviously did not show up FOR BREAKFAST after not staying there the night before because it was a month early. I explained something must have happened with the reservation, because our reservations were suppose to be a month later in June. She had the June dates open, but refused to refund the one night (over $200) even though we were coming for 3 nights in June (and two rooms). So I told her politely to keep the 200, but she subsequently lost 3 nights in June for my children and I which went to a competitor. STUPID BUSINESS MOVE,.. but she could not grasp that idea on the phone and insisted on making me pay, eventhough she had availability and the chance to book us for June. Very unpleasant and unbending. I'd never stay there now.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank snommis416

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband and I bought the living social deal for one night but after having difficulty trying to book just one night we decided on two. The home was beautiful. Our room was on the bottom floor; big comfy bed, private bathroom and our own private balcony looking out into the forest. The downside was the food and the unwelcoming In-Keeper. The food was okay but not comparable to other B&B's we have been to. Also, the fact that we weren't told the syrup for our pancakes was orange flavored didn't make for a great breakfast (needless to say I didn't eat). We were given a kid size glass of orange juice and wasn't offered anymore. I would have asked for more but felt it would have annoyed the In-keeper. Breakfast the second day was just as mediocre. From our room, we could hear the in-keeper openly laughing and talking with other guests but when it came to my husband and me there was no laughter- she never even made eye contact with me. Mainly she spoke to my (white) husband and made every effort not to acknowledge me. The dog Sage was a lot friendlier. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I definitely felt like a "colored" outsider.
We do not plan on returning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank M K
sacramento, california
Reviewed 12 January 2012

this is a beautiful home, B&B. the proprietor was very nice, i purchased a one night room on living social or groupon and when I went to book she asked me if i would like another night or more for the same price, she told me it was so far to come for just one night. she made excellent home made breaksfasts and also packed us a box lunch. The farmhouse property is beautiful, and has a pond, but unfortunately you need to drive to see the ocean or bay

Room Tip: my room didn't have a fireplace but some did, we were the only couple at the time, it would have...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teresalynn1953
San Carlos, California
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We found out about Mendocino Farmhouse by purchasing a Living Social deal. It was a fantastic deal, included the room for 2 adults, bottle of wine, breakfast, and bag lunch for $95 plus tax! Can't beat that. The Farmhouse is just a few minutes from downtown Mendocino but seems like worlds away. You drive up a dirt driveway to the beautiful old farmhouse. Margie, the innkeeper, greeted us immediately along with her dogs. Our room was simple but lovely, with private bathroom. The bed was amazingly comfortable! We slept very well since it was so quiet, some city folks might be creeped out on how quiet it is. Breafkast consisted of eggs, juice, morning roll, fruit and delicious coffee. I would highly recommend the Farmhouse for a nice romantic weekend (or night) away.

Room Tip: Romantic retreat, not for kids
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sguc
Woodland, California
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Beautiful grounds off the beaten path outside Mendocino. Absolutely no noise! No wind; no birds; no traffic; no nothing! It was wonderful. Margie was a very gracious hostess, with just the right mix of making us feel at home and leaving us alone. The eggs at breakfast were from the chickens on the property. All in all a wonderful experience. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DonQZ
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We spent a wonderful weekend here this August. The B&B is in the middle of the woods, yet only a mile and a half from downtown Mendocino. Every day, we saw deer wandering the property (along with the innkeeper's chickens). You can wander the property and admire the redwoods & the pond. Breakfast was delicious, and any questions we had were answered promptly, in a helpful manner. Our room was also lovely, with sweet touches like fresh wildflowers in a vase on the dresser, and it was completely clean. After 2 nights there, we felt rejuvenated and couldn't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NoemiNatalya
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This B&B is located in the redwood forest and is very peaceful. Large grounds and nice gardens. It is about 2 miles from downtown Mendocino, but we did not find that to be a problem. Cordial host. Gourmet breakfasts. Nice patio for breakfast if the weather is nice. We really enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple