Aside from very stained and dirty carpets in our Barber Shop room, we enjoyed this quaint inn on the mountain side of the highway. Friendly staff welcomed us when we checked in, and in our room there was a basket of baked goods including two cookies and two tiny loaves of delicious lemon-blueberry bread. Only problem was there were three of us sharing two queen beds, so not enough food to go around for all occupants, even though we made the reservation for 3 in advance. Coffee/teamaker and supplies and small fridge were also in the small room. This property is about 30 years old and was designed as a western town, so each room has its own persona. If you cannot stay in Mendocino town, this is a very close alternative...as it's only about a 5-minute drive to shops and restaurants. The inn is far enough away from the main highway that road noise was not a problem. And we easily parked right in front of our room. Aside from a carpet that really needs replacing, the room was clean and felt very homey with cozy throw blankets on the two rocking chairs. The sink is opposite the two beds and the shower/tub and toilet is enclosed. There was also a tv and armoir. If you are traveling down the Mendocino coast, this inn is a bit tired, but still a good place to stop. And the staff is very friendly. We had a wonderful dinner at Mendocino Cafe and then enjoyed the live music and dessert at the Irish pub next to the grocery store in town. Great book store in town, too, and don't miss the walks around the headlands. The cliffs are amazing and the ocean scenery cannot be beat. If you like bird watching, bring your binoculars, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blackberry Inn, nestled a half mile above the historic town of Mendocino, offers guests the best of both worlds. Surrounded by sylvan trees, sunny meadows and breathtaking ocean views, the Inn is perfect for those looking for tranquility and luxury. Whether you enjoy strolling through town, hiking the many surrounding beaches, biking the idyllic Hwy. One, or relaxing on your redwood deck with a glass of wine, the Blackberry Inn offers serenity and proximity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Blackberry Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackberry Hotel Mendocino
- Blackberry Inn Mendocino Ca