“Lark In The Morning Music Shop Mendocino”

Lark In The Morning Musique Shoppe
Mendocino, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Lark In The Morning Music Shop Mendocino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

The retail store is no longer open but the business is very active online at http://larkinam.com
An amazing selection of musical instruments from all over the world.

Visited May 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
“A Real 'Stand Out' Attraction!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2004

The Mendocino Coastline, in Northern California, is a truely magical place. The ultra clean, wide open spaces and vast Pacific Ocean are always breath-taking, and something new and unique is discovered every time I travel there. My most recent visit revealed the "Lark in the Morning Musique Shoppe", bar none the most culturally diverse and unique store I have ever laid eyes upon! Stepping into this shop was like stepping into the most intimate and awe inspiring musical museum anywhere. Literally hundreds of musical instruments from all over the world were easily in arms reach, and I was encouraged to pick up and play with every single one of them. There were beautifull harps and dulcimers, ornate flutes, strange drums I've never even heard of or knew exsisted, and a whole lot more than I could never hope to explain! It was an amazing and memorable place, of which I will revisit as often as I can. Even the gigantic Pacific Ocean just three blocks away couldn't pull me out of this shop! This is a must see store , and my new favorite stop in Mendocino!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member