Sweetwater Inn and Spa
Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
US$161
Hotels.com
Blackberry Inn(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
US$167
Sea Gull Inn Bed and Breakfast(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
US$149
Nicholson House Inn(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$147
US$305
US$274
Orbitz.com
Headlands Inn Bed & Breakfast(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$96
Hotels.com
US$422
Travelocity
All reviewscommunal hot tubohana houseapple cottagesears towergarden cottagewarm muffinssmall dogsmall kitchenmendocino headlands state parkqueen bedglass beacha great stayin townroom was largeenjoyed our stayevery morningview of the ocean
Reviewed 27 October 2008

We stayed in the Mendocino West Room, and we got the 40% off deal they were having so we got a really nice price on their most expensive room for a great price. There was even flowers room from the room cleaner. It was our anniversary, and my girlfriend was filling up the hot tub. As she was opening the blinds, turns around, and lo and behold, a hypodermic needle was on the shower frame. It was on top of the shower frame. Called the front desk. Sterling was his name. Came to pick up the needle. Asked if we wanted a diffrent room, but it was late and we already had got settled. We told him we wanted a discount or something and he said management would take care of it in the morning. So we checked our bed sheets and pillows to make sure there was no needles and went to bed. Woke up to check out, the lady at the front desk had no idea what was going on. She called management, they asked what we wanted to do. We said we wanted a discount, something(free massage maybe..sheesh) They said because the 40% special was a big enough discount already....they gave us 20 bucks. I wish they woulda been a little bit more considerate to the fact of the matter, but they were not. The front desk lady acted as if it was a joke. I would recommend this this hotel but check your shower area first.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobJBowers
Reviewed 20 August 2008

This hotel has a few rooms in the town just south of Mendocino called Little River. We stayed in the Zen cottage, which had a private entrance and faced the ocean. There was a little patio off to the side and the cottage was wonderfully spacious. You could get lost in the bathroom alone! It was blissfully quiet, and just 3 minutes away from Mendocino on the 1.

The only bad part was the locals who used the property as a shortcut. In the two days my sisters and I stayed, we had twelve different people walkin right by the bay windows of the bedroom and looking in as they passed. A little creepy since the cottage is in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2008

My husband and I tried to take advantage of a flyer discount they were advertising for a massage and hot tub combo. When we called to book an appointment, the price jumped to beyond what the advertisement stated. Then when we got there, the price jumped even higher. We both have arthritis and really needed this opportunity to soak and relieve our weary joints and muscles. So we reluctantly agreed to the very high, unexpected price. The hot tub area was nice, but the hot tubs seats are set up in a strange way and my husband injured himself due to that. Then came the massage experience. The staff started muttering to themselves as I was waiting for my massage. The person who was scheduled to do mine hadn't shown, and it was really obvious the staff who covered were upset about it. NOT conducive to relaxation. The carpet was old brown shag, and the walls were stark white with a dingy poster of the human skeletal system hanging up. AND VERY LOUD TRAFFIC NOISE! This experience was beyond bad, it was completely ridiculous.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank Coastal-Butterfly
Reviewed 21 January 2008

Okay, I have been coming to the Sweetwater for years and so I'm used to it, like it a lot and so take that for what it is.

Here's the deal: With discounts off season some of the rooms go for as little as $60 a night.....this includes a comfortable room which is yes a bit funky (I mean furnishings, not cleanliness).
It also includes access to the clothing optional community hot tub and sauna which is yes also a bit funky (I mean clientele, not cleanliness so much).

Mendocino is kind of (kind of!?) no, really, an old hippy town and so that attitude prevails at the rooms and also at the spa. It's funky, redwoody, and very casual.

Our room was quite clean and I noticed that they'd added a couple of nice new features since we stayed there a couple of years ago (new carpeting, nice fridge).

Yes, some of their properties are offsite, and yes, you may have to listen to naked jazz musicians talk about their latest composition in the hot tub (which I found much less annoying than the yuppie who had just had about three double lattes!)

Bottom line is if you go to Mendocino, and you don't like to have your experience be a bit granola, you will be disappointed. The whole town is granola, and even if your room is $300 a night, the plumbing system is probably over 100 years old.

So, take it with a grain of salt, and if you are willing to "when in Rome it" you can have a great time in Mendocino, and particularly at the Sweetwater.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Deedumans
Reviewed 23 December 2007

We have stayed here twice so far and had a ball on both trips. We are planning a return trip 01/08 and am sure we will love it again.
We have found the Inn to be clean and comfortable. The price is fair for the area and we enjoy being able to walk thru the viilage and return to a warm fire and a bottle of wine.

Stayed: March 2007