Mendocino Hotel and Garden Suites
US$274
US$218
Little River Inn(Little River)
US$197
Heritage House Resort(Little River)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$186
Coast Inn & Spa(Fort Bragg)
US$111
US$89
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$143
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$142
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$73
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$113
Anchor Lodge Motel(Fort Bragg)
US$72
  • Restaurant
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$115
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe main hotelshared balconycharming hotelstep back in timemain streetrooms are smallvictorian stylein townwindow seatglass of wineeggs benedictroad tripsitting areaview of the oceansan franciscofireplacecoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I spent the weekend at the Mendocino Hotel recently, and enjoyed my stay very much. I was taking classes at the Mendocino Art Center and was given a wonderful discount by the hotel. The room was quiet and comfortable. I did not mind hanging out at the bar in the evening to use the Wi Fy . Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again in a heart beat! The food is wonderful and the location could not be better.

Room Tip: The rooms on the street side get the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a quaint little fun town & the hotel fits perfectly in the midst of everything. Our room was a Victorian with a private bath. Rooms like this are very small but clean & bath was a decent size. Think the price is way too much but guess there aren't many of us who think so because the place was full. My only real complaint was it was too hot. I realize not many northern California lodgings need air-conditioning but this is usually remedied with a ceiling fan or even an upright. Well, don't forget to take your OWN fan, which luckily I brought with me. Loved sitting outside on the 2nd-story roof (right outside our room) with other guests, drinking wine, eating yummy California cheese & enjoying the ocean. Only other drawback was no screen on window. Not afraid of bugs, just a burglar maybe??? Husband didn't want to leave window open, so break out that fan. Thought the interior of hotel was neat. Very nice, complimentary breakfast next morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTravelers1218
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I have had many enjoyable stays at the Mendocino Hotel and Garden Suites. We always stay in one of the handicap accessible Garden Suites and every time has been a pleasure. We have never had any problems with accessibility in the rooms or throughout the hotel. They have a great bar and café/restaurant where you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner. For finer dining, they have a excellent dining room in the hotel, with a menu to match.
The staff has always been courteous and helpful during our stay. The location of the hotel could not be better because everything in the downtown is just a short walk away. I look forward to staying there again someday when my wife and I are back in Mendocino.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the Garden Suites are well worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 104steve1972
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Hi,
I would highly recommend this place to come in for a cocktail or drink due to the ambiance. It has that old timey feel. However at about $330/night (we got a $100 discount on check in) the room wasn't worth it. I can't believe the actual rate would be over $400 for that room!! The manager was nice to offer us a discount for the stay as the cheaper room we had hoped for was booked.

The carpet was sticky, mattress was lumpy and room was stale smelling. I love period details, but this wasn't simply period detail -- it was old and not well maintained. The grounds were lovely - they clearly spend a lot to maintain those. The front desk service was very nice but I wouldn't stay here again. It was a last minute walk in on our part and after calling around we couldn't find anywhere else. Really the quality and comfort is less than what I'd expect at a holiday inn, hampton in etc. If you come to the area and want a luxury experience this isn't it (at least our room #302 Garden Suite). If you want a basic place to rest your head, go to Fort Bragg and rent a cheaper place as there are many lodges and inexpensive clean motels to choose from.

Room Tip: Not sure, our room wasn't very nice or comfortable.( #302)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank abcali
Reviewed 3 September 2013

. . . after I booked this I had a health issue several months later, the time frame had expired when I called the manager she said 'don't worry about it', 'get better and come visit us'. Wow, that's what we did and had a great experience and great meals. Molly, are little Havanese mix rescue dog barked that she wants to go back too!

Room Tip: . . make sure you let them know your bringing a dog, those rooms are right next to a beautiful little walking park . .
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple