MacCallum House Inn
US$96
US$89
Little River Inn(Little River)
US$197
Heritage House Resort(Little River)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$186
Coast Inn & Spa(Fort Bragg)
US$111
US$87
Hotels.com
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$143
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$142
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$73
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$110
Travelocity
Anchor Lodge Motel(Fort Bragg)
US$72
  • Restaurant
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$113
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe main househot tubthe barnattic suitebreakfast burritoprivate patiocomplimentary breakfastwater towereggs benedictspa tubmendocino villageromantic getawayvisit mendocinolarge bathroomwe've stayedorange juicewedding anniversary
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I can't speak highly enough about my experience at the Mac house. The restaurant, as noted in other reviews, is excellent: great food, reasonable prices and friendly service. I have stayed twice now at the Mac house and the rooms have been welcoming and well appointed and the service warm and helpful. Mendocino is well worth the extra travel if you are looking for a wine country weekend, and the Mac house won't disappoint.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

High expectations and high prices. Disappointing room and service with attitude.

The restaurant was spectacular. This review is regards to our stay at the Inn.

Several of our freinds had recommended this place for a much needed getaway.

The loft room we were in was recently renovated, unfinished and under-furnished. A rickety table was put over the exposed pipes that look like they are waiting for a biday. There was too much heat in the loft and no heat on the ground floor making using the bathroom unpleasant. No bathmats or rugs or anything on the brand new floors added to the cold. Then there was almost no water pressure in the shower.

The loft has only two windows which would be fine if we could receive daylight through them. One is about street level so needs to be shut for privacy reasons (understandable) and a skylight. The skylight had a shade over it which was broken and couldn't be raised.

We mentioned both the broken skylight shade and the water pressure to the front desk in the morning. The response to the shower was that this is a low flow establishment. I believe low flow was meant only for the shower as the sink worked fine fortunately because I had to rinse my hair in it. They said they would send maintenance in to check it out. That afternoon we returned and neither had been attended to and we were told that the maintenance person did not go to our room. Sorry..?

The next morning I peaked in some of the other rooms. They all had furniture and heat. We mentioned our concerns to the front desk. A manager came over and handed us a discount. She had such an attitude. She was so rude while she was at it that I would never stay there again. I felt she thought we were just complaining to get a discount.

In addition, we had a reservation with the restaurant made prior to our stay through the front desk which we confirmed twice with them. The restaurant did not have our reservation booked when we arrived at the respective time. They found us a table anyway.

The private outdoor space by our room was so small with walls so high there was no view of anything. We knicknamed it "the prison yard." At least it had a table and chairs. More furniture than the rest of the room. They should not be renting out an unfinished room at top dollar or even at all until it is complete.

Oh and we were never even given any information regarding the hot tub. I found it as I was looking around the place to see the other rooms upon check out. I had seen it when we booked the trip online but nobody mentioned it during check-in or any other time.

I believe they had a wedding party staying there and we felt we were being treated as an afterthought.

Room Tip: For the money, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
MendoFan1, General Manager at MacCallum House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

As the reviewer noted this is a newly remodeled room that was put back into service this past month. We apologize that this guests stay in room #12 was not to their liking. We have recently installed a claw foot tub in the bathroom as well as a small heater. The room is fully furnished and includes two soft chairs. It also has all of the normal amenities that we offer including a gas fireplace for heat, and a fan for increasing air flow on warm days. We offered a discount to this guest because in this particular case we wanted to offer some compensation because they clearly felt they had not received the full value of what they spent on their accommodations. Once again we are sorry this guest did not enjoy their stay. We do feel confident in offering this room as a comfortable place to stay with us. We will continue to address any issues that may come up to insure that future stays in this room are restful and trouble free.

Visiting Mendocino ?
One of the greatest stops on the Pacific North Coast is the Maccallum House Inn in Mendocino. everything about the Inn is wonderful. You can go on line and choose the type of room you want to stay in from the frontier look to the modern suites on the hillside overlooking the town and the Ocean. Fire places, hot tubs, cottages, historic garden, bikes for touring the town and headlands, excellent service and friendly wait staff all can be found at the Maccallum House Inn. The bar and restaurant are outstanding. The food is well prepared and wines and spirits complement the items on the menu. There is always things to see and do in Mendocino and the Maccallum House Inn offers tours of the local wineries and breweries and will even pack you your own picnic lunch to take on your journey. My wife and I have enjoyed staying at the Maccallum House for many years and look forward to returning and enjoying the good service, excellent food and pleasant surroundings that the Maccallum House offers. The trip through the Alexander Valley, Boonville, Navarro River area and Redwood Forest prepares you for the beauty of the North Coast and a stop at the Maccallum House. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to relax, enjoy themselves and escape from the ordinary, the Maccallum House Inn is the place that you have been looking for, visit it soon, you won't be sorry you made the trip .
James S. Dierke
Executive Vice President
American Federation of School Administrators

Room Tip: go on line and view all teh different rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I love the Mac House! Our stay there was lovely. Everything about the Inn is charming. Our room was clean, comfortable and bright. I especially love going to the restaurant for breakfast. Sitting on the porch with a latte is perfect. What a beautiful area and a beautiful Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have stayed at MacCallum's house 5 years ago and thought that it was one of the best places to relax and refresh in such a beautiful town, Mendocino. When I returned last weekend with friends, I felt exactly the same. The service was friendly and attentive; the breakfast was healthy and yummy. I love the suite where I was staying. It has a big living room on the first floor, a large deck and a beautiful garden where you can sit there to read a book, sip a cup of tea while smelling the fresh air in the morning...a glass of rose with friends while enjoying the sun on the deck in the afternoon. It's quiet, relaxing, and you don't feel rushed at all...I highly recommend this lovely inn to families, couples, and friends.
Sophia, San Francisco

Room Tip: I would choose the suite since I've never stayed in the room over at the main house.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends