MacCallum House Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Little River Inn(Little River)
View Hotel
Heritage House Resort(Little River)
View Hotel
Coast Inn & Spa(Fort Bragg)
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
Anchor Lodge Motel(Fort Bragg)
  • Restaurant
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main househot tubthe barnattic suitebreakfast burritoprivate patiocomplimentary breakfastwater towereggs benedictspa tubmendocino villageromantic getawayvisit mendocinolarge bathroomwe've stayedorange juicewedding anniversary
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2013

For a romantic getaway with my boyfriend this summer, we stayed in "The Majestic Rose" (#29), which has a second floor balcony and an amazing view of the town with the gorgeous Pacific ocean as a backdrop. While I preferred this room pink and ornate as it was before the remodel a few years ago, I can understand that the princess style probably isn't for everyone. Now the room is streamlined and modern with white comforters and beige rugs, ipod docks and fancy European coffee makers - updated and still lovely. I definitely took advantage of the jetted spa tub in our bathroom a time or two for indulgent baths while reading. The rooms on this Suites property are very quiet and private and there is a beautiful old graveyard next door. Because we are returning guests, we always find a complimentary bottle of wine in our room with a sweet 'thank you' card from the inn.

If you're planning on visiting Mendocino, you probably already know how gorgeous the natural surroundings are... there are hiking trails everywhere and you can kayak in the ocean and on a number of small rivers nearby. The reason we always choose to stay at the MacCallum House when we visit is because of how nice the rooms are, because it is centrally located in the Village, and because the (mostly organic) food in their restaurant is simply amazing. I always read and seriously consider all the choices on the breakfast menu... which all sound delicious... but then I always end up ordering the Eggs MacBenedict. Try it - it'll be the best you've ever had :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We recently spent the weekend at the MacCallum House and it was a wonderful experience. Although we were a really "late arrival", the staff on duty had our room ready and made every effort to make sure we didn't need anything prior to going off duty for the night.

Our room was clean, bathroom spotless and if we could have taken the mattress home, we would have! We were surprised with the breakfast menu that was complimentary with our room and the food was delicious.

The Inn is pretty much in the middle of everything, so enjoyed touring Mendocino's many shops and even stopped for a drink at the local bar. We had dinner at the restaurant when we returned to the Inn and it was fantastic - but you need to make reservations! We were lucky and another couple had just canceled moments prior to our walking in.

I would recommend the MacCallum House / Mendocino to anyone who wants to park their car, along with their cell phone, and be miles away from their mother in-law for several days!

Room Tip: The individual cottages are fun and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My family and I go to Mendocino every year to get away from the city. We always stay at MacCallum House because of the great rooms, awesome bar and restaurant, and fantastic service!
Cant wait for our next stay in fall....

Room Tip: try the water tower suite... its like a miniature house with an amazing view from upstairs...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and our three kids stayed here recently and if was really a fantastic experience. We arrived a bit early and chatted with a couple of staff members while they confirmed that our room was ready. The staff had good things to say about the ownership and the fact that they are happy employees really shows in the attitude and service from everyone at the property.

Mendocino is such a great little town in one of the most beautiful places anywhere. The seaside bluff which is just a short 5 minute walk away has convenient trails and fantastic views. You can go down to the sandy beach or venture down on the rocks where there are tide pools, etc. The entire town in great to walk whether for a short shopping venture in the shops on the main street, or to do extensive exploring.

Back to the property. The inn has various rooms and buildings scattered around the main property and nearby around town. This gives quite a bit of variety to find accommodations that fit your needs. We stayed in the Jedediah Smith house which had a nice big kitchen, outside deck and barbeque area. It is a separate building up the hill a little ways from the main house and it has been updated beautifully. One evening my wife and I dined in the restaurant in the main house. We started in the Grey Whale bar. The food and service were great. This place (the inn and the town) has tons of history and character. The grounds are beautifully maintained while still retaining a casual comfort and welcome feeling. If you are looking for a quaint Seaside town for a romantic weekend or a family getaway this fills the bill perfectly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SeattleTraveller13
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Mendocino is one of my favorite places on earth, and I can say without hesitation that the MacCallum House Inn feels like a home away from home. The grounds and the gardens are gorgeous, the location in the center of town is perfect, the restaurant is excellent, the food is delicious and the service is top notch. It is by far, my favorite place to stay every time I go back to visit Mendocino.

The last time I visited the MacCallum House Inn, I stayed in the Redwood Cottage with a private hot tub in it's small private yard, and a claw foot tub in the beautiful bathroom. It was like being at my own little private resort. I felt so relaxed and comfortable it transformed my visit into a completely luxurious experience! Long soaks in the hot tub and the claw foot tub melted away the stress of the City. It was perfectly private, but still had peek-a-boo views of the bay and the cliffs by the ocean. The hot tub area, with a lawn and table and chairs, and ivy hedge, was perfectly concealed behind a tall redwood fence. Looking up at the stars at night while relaxing into the heat of the water was heavenly. And, if that wasn't enough, there was the huge claw foot tub in the gorgeous white tiled bathroom. There was a separate shower which allowed the tub to stand alone, and also allowed two people to be able to bathe at once if need be. I spent a good portion of my time soaking in that tub. Needless to say, I slept very well. The queen size bed was deliciously comfortable and I had no trouble drifting off to sleep.

I can't wait to go back!! It was such a treat!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo