“Nice place”
Review of Garden Bakery

Garden Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Mendocino
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Though it is tucked away off to the side, it's nice nice little place. The kid running the shop was really nice and talked to us about the town. My pastry was okay, my husband liked his. I wasn't wowed by the product but it was good.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was looking for a lower carb bakery item and found these zucchini quiches without a bottom crust. These were delicious and had no flour in them, so they were lower carb! Next time I will be back when I visit Mendocino again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is a cute place that had a zillion great-looking snacks, and everything else, it seemed. We got pastries and other sweets, and loved them all. the 'counter girl' was very sweet and nice, and even let us try a sample of things we had questions about. A very homey place. Have a look!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

When we were in Mendocino at Christmas we did the walking tour with the Kelley House Museum for about 2 hours. When we were done we came out of the Kelley House and looked to the left and there was a "bakery" sign. We followed the trail down to the bakery and had some lunch. I had a turkey turnover, and my husband had a chili relleno turnover. I had a coffee and he had a coke. The girls were very friendly, and we sat outside at a wooden table with bushes, trees and a patio fence which made it very cozy. We enjoyed our lunch and it gave us the fortitude we needed to go out to walk around the Headlands State Park. If our turnovers hadn't filled us up we would have tried something for dessert because their baked goods looked scrumptious. But we were satisfied and went on our way. Great job Garden Bakery!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Their tamales were our "little bite to eat" before our big Christmas dinner. Home made, hand made, chicken and vegetarian. There was also an excellent frittata and many, many beautiful pastries. Not to mention the terrific outside garden seating.