If you are looking for a home away from home with a "mi casa es su casa" vibe look no further! I loved the Didjeridoo! My room had a real working fire place that was set up for me each night, a bay window with chairs and a table for reading or working, a very comfortable bed, and a large claw foot tub/shower (I had my own bathroom in my room...I think every room has its own bathroom)! The house is clean and comfy with thought provoking art and books. It has an ideal location on Main st. so you can walk to all of the cool shops, art galleries, eateries, etc. in the town of Mendocino as well as the shoreline cliffs. The couple that owns the place is friendly and accommodating and Eileen was an excellent hostess and cook! She was always around making sure there was hot tea and coffee available (there was also some delicious kumbucha which I got kind of hooked on) and she was also a good source of information regarding the local shops and eateries. Breakfast (cooked fresh with local goodies) was made by Eileen and served family style in the main area. I loved this idea and it allowed me the opportunity to get to know other travelers who were also staying there. Eileen was very accommodating when she found out I was lactose intolerant and even made sure that the next morning's breakfast was better suited to my dietary needs (which she did without me asking, how sweet!) She made some amazing huevos rancheros, toppings on the side, a quinoa salad and fresh fruit! Yummy :) I would highly recommend the didjeridoo and I hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Food, Art, Music and Vibes await you at Didjeridoo. Set just across the road from the ocean bluffs and the oldest Presbyterian church in California our spot in the village is cool. Walk to great eateries and all the local shops or relax and meditate in our beautiful gardens and historic lobby. See local art displayed in our relaxed lobby, break bread with us at our open pot-lucks & drink wine with us :) If you play bring your instruments, music happens here. Didjeridoo is perfect for weddings, reunions, small private parties and any other happenings that need to be in a place of love and beauty. Our rooms are great too! They range from quaint to fancy, some Victorian some simple and zen, all beautiful. We are Mendo people and want your visit to our village to be special and cherished. Peace Please note Didjeridoo is not a place that uptight conservative people will enjoy, in fact they will write bad reviews and hate it like they hate many things in life. Didjeridoo is most enjoyed by cool people looking for a nice stay in a beautiful place in an extremely friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn And Meditation Center
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn & Meditation Hotel Mendocino