Charles the innkeeper was working in the garden when I arrived in Mendocino from a long leg of a beautiful journey down the remote "lost coast" of northern California. A very pleasant young woman greeted me as I approached the front door and checked me in. The room itself was tastefully decorated, bright and cozy. Immediately I felt comfortable and knew I'd selected the right place online for a restful overnight stay.
Charles & Mary were both friendly and very interesting to talk to. They were clearly following their own dreams and made sure the house was well maintained and kept up in such a way as to allow my own dreams to unfold in their relaxed environment.
Homemade breakfast the next morning was delicious and far exceeded my expectations.
To my surprise I got to meet 10 or so other guests at breakfast who were also staying at the house. Folks were traveling from all over the world and I had no idea they were there till the next morning since the place was so quiet overnight. Pretty cool! I would absolutely recommend this place to my friends and I hope to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Food, Art, Music and Vibes await you at Didjeridoo. Set just across the road from the ocean bluffs and the oldest Presbyterian church in California our spot in the village is cool. Walk to great eateries and all the local shops or relax and meditate in our beautiful gardens and historic lobby. See local art displayed in our relaxed lobby, break bread with us at our open pot-lucks & drink wine with us :) If you play bring your instruments, music happens here. Didjeridoo is perfect for weddings, reunions, small private parties and any other happenings that need to be in a place of love and beauty. Our rooms are great too! They range from quaint to fancy, some Victorian some simple and zen, all beautiful. We are Mendo people and want your visit to our village to be special and cherished. Peace Please note Didjeridoo is not a place that uptight conservative people will enjoy, in fact they will write bad reviews and hate it like they hate many things in life. Didjeridoo is most enjoyed by cool people looking for a nice stay in a beautiful place in an extremely friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn And Meditation Center
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn & Meditation Hotel Mendocino