“Clean & Charming”

Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn
Ranked #11 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Charles the innkeeper was working in the garden when I arrived in Mendocino from a long leg of a beautiful journey down the remote "lost coast" of northern California. A very pleasant young woman greeted me as I approached the front door and checked me in. The room itself was tastefully decorated, bright and cozy. Immediately I felt comfortable and knew I'd selected the right place online for a restful overnight stay.
Charles & Mary were both friendly and very interesting to talk to. They were clearly following their own dreams and made sure the house was well maintained and kept up in such a way as to allow my own dreams to unfold in their relaxed environment.
Homemade breakfast the next morning was delicious and far exceeded my expectations.
To my surprise I got to meet 10 or so other guests at breakfast who were also staying at the house. Folks were traveling from all over the world and I had no idea they were there till the next morning since the place was so quiet overnight. Pretty cool! I would absolutely recommend this place to my friends and I hope to return again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Aljayson
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Glad you enjoyed! This place does have a great vibe and Mendocino is Great.

There are newer reviews for Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn

Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed three days at this place, enjoying delicious organic breakfasts, helpful staff and a great location. Our room was tiny, but the price was right. We got a great price for the 3 day stay which made it possible to visit this wonderful location. We walked all around the area, had great weather for early June. We were there on a Friday, but did not get to have the abolone dinner sometimes provided. The owner goes diving himself for the abolone. The historic house is well cared for and the owners are invested in making your stay memorable. The succeeded.

Room Tip: Ask for updated room with fireplace; they are larger.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol839

Thanks for staying with us, you guys were great! We try and keep our prices affordable and our place enjoyable. Sorry you missed the Abalone, maybe next time you stay.....

Reviewed 3 June 2012

This accommodation has just turned my absolute favourite hotel. Nice rooms, quiet, gorgeous breakfast, nice people, family atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fairness67

I Luv hearing that!!!

Reviewed 2 June 2012

My wife and I are packing for our 3rd visit to Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn. 1st visit for 5 days at "Alice's Restaurant Thanksgiving-2011". The Inn Keepers Charles and Mary have lived here 15 years and offer the only "Full On" Mendocino experience. Secluded gardens surround the 132 year old, immaculately restored Inn-the only property in town operated continuously as a boarding house/inn. Charles' amazing gourmet breakfasts are a gastronomical treat to start each day. Didjeridoo is such a special place that I am writing my 1st ever online review.

Room Tip: Room selection caters to all tastes. Ocean view rooms, lush garden rooms, quiet meditative rooms, up...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks! That was a great Thanksgiving! It's always nice having you two stay, love you both!

@ didjeridoo

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We were so excited to stay, we saw the pictures and thought it look nice, i was traveling with my mother-in-law ( who has a very bad back) when we got there we were sent to a room up in the "water tower" the stairs are old and the bed was so old it looked so dirty, we were so disgusted with the whole room. We were told the breakfast was so good, we were so dissapointed with breakfast too!! The cook was very very rude, I will never recommend this place to nobody ever! Please stay away, there is so many other B&B in mendocino!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Mariselaochoac
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

I'm so sorry to read this. I explained to you that the room you booked was the only room left or of course we would have changed your room. When we booked the room with you we did describe it and the stairs. I would not suggest people who can't climb stairs to rent a room with stairs. As far as the rest of your review I think it's made up just because we couldn't switch you. Sorry.

at Didjeridoo

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Not really sure how I felt about the Inn. Room 66 had interesting Arts and Crafts style furniture, but too much of it. The room was light and airy with 2 large windows and a sea view.The tv remote did not work with the tv in that room and the shower/ toilet room was the smallest I,ve ever been in. The intermittent water pipe noise, was very disturbing at night. Unfortunately no one I could speak to before we left.. A room to avoid. Until it is fixed. Breakfast, which was not served until 9.15, was okay but not spectacular. The guests were all in a rush to get on with their day,so it was rather chaotic.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Hi!
Eclectic is Who We Are! Sorry if you didn't like some of 66, lot's of people love that room. The art is done by Byron Randall who was the artist of the year or something in 1938, his wife was Emy Lou Packard (Diego Rivera's assistant at the 1940 Worlds Fair in S.F. and an incredible artist). They owned the house from 1960 till 1972 and it was filled with Bohemians, Hippies and artist. Lots of art and energy of artist in this house. We have tried to hear the pipe noise you wrote about but it's gone, maybe it was a fluke?? And yes the bathroom is kinda small but we have bigger ones in our bigger rooms with tubs and stuff. I don't know what i made the day you were here but if you just like dinner for breakfast type breakfast you wont get that here. I cook what I call Decadent Wholesome.....

Loving-Kindness to you
and sorry bout that darn TV remote, it needed Batteries!

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We had a great time staying at this wonderful inn. The abalone dinner on Sunday was fantastic as well as the 2 great breakfasts. Have never had bacon like that before. Yummy! Charles and Mary, the owners, were so friendly and nice and our room (#65) was great. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again next time we are going that way.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple