Let me say this first: I love Mendocino. I've been going there for 30 years and have stayed in many wonderful inns. They vary in quality, but the "Didj" was inarguably the worst. Dirty, dirty, dirty. I understand Mendo-Funky. I love Mendo-Funky. But not filthy. Dog hair everywhere, mold in the bathroom, gritty sheets. Ugh.
And the breakfast was nasty. I know, Charles, you're going to tell me it's "GREAT", but it wasn't. I don't understand why everything was sweet, including the freaking bacon. Do you understand that not everyone wants to start the day with a sugar rush (and subsequent collapse)? And to have to eat off my lap because there's no table seating is beyond awkward. I admit I'm not very coordinated in the morning, so it was a bit much to have to balance the plate and retrieve the coffee cup from the floor whenever I wanted a sip. Which, frankly wasn't often since it was so weak.
The best part was that I was only there for one night. Thank goodness! I moved over to a different inn and enjoyed the rest of my stay in Mendo.
Go ahead, Charles. Call me a 1%'er. Tell me to go back to the Polo Club. Tell me I'm a mean person. But really. As an adult who works in the hospitality business, your place is one of the worst I've ever stayed in. You tout how cheap your rates are-please charge more and hire people who can clean and cook...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Food, Art, Music and Vibes await you at Didjeridoo. Set just across the road from the ocean bluffs and the oldest Presbyterian church in California our spot in the village is cool. Walk to great eateries and all the local shops or relax and meditate in our beautiful gardens and historic lobby. See local art displayed in our relaxed lobby, break bread with us at our open pot-lucks & drink wine with us :) If you play bring your instruments, music happens here. Didjeridoo is perfect for weddings, reunions, small private parties and any other happenings that need to be in a place of love and beauty. Our rooms are great too! They range from quaint to fancy, some Victorian some simple and zen, all beautiful. We are Mendo people and want your visit to our village to be special and cherished. Peace Please note Didjeridoo is not a place that uptight conservative people will enjoy, in fact they will write bad reviews and hate it like they hate many things in life. Didjeridoo is most enjoyed by cool people looking for a nice stay in a beautiful place in an extremely friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn And Meditation Center
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn & Meditation Hotel Mendocino