“Go somewhere else...”

Ranked #13 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
“Go somewhere else...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Disappointed in the room, the carpeting needed updating, the bed was not comfortable, the shower was difficult to use, the room was dusty and the house is very noisy. We could hear other guests talking, opening and closing their doors and the owner was yelling in the hallway. We were told the room had a fireplace and we looked forward to using it at night but the firewood would not burn after being lit and the room became smokey. If you want to have peace and quiet and get a good nights sleep, I do not recommend this place. The cook also came in the night before with her party-buddies and they were a very rough looking crowd. I wasn't thrilled about her handling our food.

• Stayed May 2013
7 Thank MrsH68
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2013

@ Didjeridoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

The Inn was our first stop in a trip down the coast. The Inn was a fun experience and relaxing. The room we choose was too small for us and wished we had the king. The room was clean and quaint. The Inn is a bit like sleeping at Grandma's house ... old , comfortable , a bit shabby , a maybe have that smell of old furniture and years. But welcoming and certainly a bargain for Mendocino. Breakfast was great and atmosphere relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Hi! The house is sooo old and yep, comfortable. Glad you enjoyed :)

Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

For the price of one "European" style room with one double bed and a bathroom down the hall, my friend and I were able to book our own huge room with fireplace and private bath. The rooms were comfortable and spotless. The owner was ridiculously friendly. He invited our companions who were RVing to breakfast. Breakfast was unsurpassed and there was plenty of it, with offers of "we can make more". The inn is also pet friendly. My photos aren't great, so I would suggest you look at their website.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, you want an upstairs room. There is no elevator. I was right next to the c...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Hi and Thank You for liking the Didj. I feel our prices are right for what we offer and I feel good about that :)

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Very reasonably priced for Mendocino and great location. Comfortable rooms, relaxed vibe. Loved the sun deck with chairs to enjoy the free tea and local books. Lovely views of town from our first floor rooms.
A late start for breakfast at 9am but don't talk politics unless liberal leanings. Enjoyed the food and friendly hosts Charles and Mary.
Recommended.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank SydneyJo_Anne
Hi, I guess i am a little on the liberal side (alot) of the world here on the extreme edge of the left coast :)

Come back soon!

Willows, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

This place is amazing! Very welcoming, relaxed and friendly. We felt at home here thanks to the innkeepers! What I loved most about this place is that it IS NOT perfect!! I love that t hey are keeping the inn as original as possible! I love that the furniture can be touched, sat on, and used! The atmosphere was relaxing and fun. I did not feel uncomfortable at any time. The rooms and house where clean and beautiful. We had room 61 and it was amazing! The fireplace and jetted tub are VERY nice! My brother and his girlfriend has room 62 and it was amazing too! I cant wait to come back and bring the rest of the family! If you are looking for a laid back, relaxing, and comfortable stay.....the Didjeridoo is the place to go!! Oh, yeah, and breakfast was AWESOME!! Thank you guys for such a special stay!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are amazing, but get one with a jetted tub!! Its SO worth it!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie S
Great Review!
Thanks and come back soon,

Pleasant Hill, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

As someone who has been going to Mendocino for over 40 years I have had my share of interesting experiences in this unique and charming community. I recently found myself in Anderson Valley on a Friday afternoon with no reservations, and somehow heard about this interesting place. It reminded me of the 1970 era hippy houses I use to visit in Northern California while in College. The place is old and funky, and perfectly located near the center of town. My room was clean and comfortable, and I slept well, although at least one, and possibly two of the other guests seem to be hosting Friday night parties, but again, this is Mendocino! Breakfast was very good, and the host, whose name was Charles, a very nice local guy in overalls, was the perfect Mendocino type host!. The room price was about at least sixty-seventy dollars cheaper than the competition, so I had some extra cash left for a couple of excellent bottles of Pinot Noir from Anderson Valley (like anything from Londer vineyards). Mendocino is one if my favorite places in the world, and while this place is not exactly for everyone, it did make my brief stay in town a little more special, which is always a good thing

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank aprince707
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Hi!
We like to hope we help make every guest stay in mendocino a little more special :)
Thanks for enjoying

Willits, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed here for my birthday weekend and were pleasantly surprised! It is right next door to another B&B for a fraction of the cost. The location is perfect as it is across the street from a walking path to the sandy beach. The breakfast was delicious and coffee was ready when I woke up. The environment is relaxed and I was allowed all the privacy I wanted. Sometimes B&B's are too interactive for my taste and I find I feel obligated to engage with the others. This was not the case at Didjeridoo. I was allowed to have my own exclusive experience and felt completely at home. Charles, the owner, was helpful and as I watched him tend to the rose garden it was obvious that this is a labor of love for him. I will definitely stay at Didjeridoo again as soon as I can justify another indulgence! Thanks Charles

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed, Come back soon!