“Informal, but very good food”
Review of A Cultured Affair

A Cultured Affair
Ranked #17 of 22 Restaurants in Mendocino
Cuisines: American
Seattle, Washington
“Informal, but very good food”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We came well after lunch time and almost had the small place to ourselves. It is reached either from Main Street via a winding and climbing route or from a back street to the north that it borders.

The palce is small and unpretentious. A slightly eclectic/hippie vibe made it fun.

The food was better than one might have expected from the atmosphere. My wife had pasta and split pea soup and loved both, though expensive. My special tuna sandwich was good, too.

• Visited December 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Very casual”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The place oozes 60's hippy/save the planet but we were amazed when we were served soup, and not a generous serving, was in a paper bowl and the cutlery was plastic. Food was nice but there should have been a bit more generous in its serving.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank mini_d51
San Francisco, California
“Un-cultured and Too expensive.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I know that in many restaurants, you can't escape from the establishment without paying $10 for lunch. This one takes the cake though. The sandwich - turkey, jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo on wheat bread - was just a few cents shy of that threshold. There were no chips or fountain beverage to add value, however illusory, to my lunch.

The sign on the door said "dog friendly to friendly dogs", but when I confirmed that with the owner, he stopped to think aloud about when the health department was due to stop by. There was no place to safely tether my dog outside while I went in to order, or when I had to go back inside to get my sandwich (no delivery to my table), or when I had to take my tray back inside (you have to bus your own tables, too).

If I hadn't been desperate for food, I wouldn't have eaten here, and I definitely won't go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AVC2011
Santa Rosa, California
“Cafe casual, order at the counter, great food”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Tomato bisque soup was delicious. It is rare to find a gluten-free bread option, but they offer a good sandwich selection. Not much for a vegan other than salad bar (which was short on supplies). I didn't like paper bowl for the soup and plastic spoon. They have water shortage in the area so only order what you will drink. They have a pitcher for the plants for the left over. Small patio seating outdoors.

• Visited October 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“Go Above and Beyond”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Hard to find but go there every time we are in Mendo: they let us bring our dog to eat on their porch, they gave us dog treats-free with a bowl of water. I had gluten free needs-they had gf bread. Love this place.

Visited September 2013