“Perfect!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My husband and I went to Cafe Beaujolias for our 10 year anniversary dinner. Everything about our experience was perfect. The restaurant is beautiful, the service was great and the food was amazing! We will definitely come back the next time we are in Mendocino.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Cafe Beaujolais was two doors down from our B&B (Nicholson House) and had a less overwhelming menu in our exhausted state than the place one door down, so that's why we chose it. :) It's a nice very little place, I think about 10 tables. It was fairly full when we showed up (around 7:30/8 I think), including a birthday dinner of about 7 ppl (who unfortunately were inappropriately loud). I was super nervous that we were underdressed (in jeans and looking a little worse for wear after a looong drive), but they didn't seem to mind. I was thrilled that there were restaurants open, I thought everything might be closed early since Mendocino is small and it was a Sun night. Service was good, not necessarily the best ever but no complaints. I had the filet and hubby had the sturgeon. I don't eat alot of fish, but thanks to the pasta and sauce that came with his, I almost liked his better! Both meals were good and the coconut cream pie we finished off with was AWESOME.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

A truly beautiful restaurant with gardens through the windows. We had the vegetable napoleon (layers of vegetable alternated with layers of polenta served with a lovely reduction), seafood fettucine (with homemade noodles and fresh seafood) and the creme brulee and coconut cream pie with chocolate macaroon crust. Everything was delicious but the bread--- it was amazing. I can not find bread of this quality available in bakeries near me in the Southbay of SF. Dense but not heavy, chewy with a crispy crust. I noticed the coffee house nearby and the food coop also sell Cafe Beaujolais bread and bagels. I had to buy some to take home!

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Arrived very late but were greeted and served courteously . Food and wine were very good, though expensive.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

Atmosphere & Service were A1. The setting is so quaint. Bathrooms outside and down a little walkway. The food was perfect. So delicious. A true find in Mendocino. Not to miss.