“Delicious Dinner”

5200 Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
5200 Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 22 Restaurants in Mendocino
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Jose, California
“Delicious Dinner”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The restaurant has good selection of wines to be paired with the dinners. We look forward to visiting this place once the kitchen is completely renovated.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Pei-Chun P

Point Richmond, CA
“Groupon deal not enough.”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Even with a Groupon, the value at 5200 is just not there.

Admittedly, the recently (and partially) reopened Heritage House resort has much work yet to do to bring this grand old lady of the north coast back to its glory of yesteryear.

Nonetheless, even with a spartan dining room setting (still under construction), a good chef could still do memorable meals. We had one dinner and a breakfast during a recent stay and I don't see eating there again with so many outstanding nearby eateries (e.g., Cafe Beaujolais in Mendocino or the Albion River Inn just up the road) from which to choose.

From other reviews, you will see that servings are plentiful. But, plentiful is not flavorful or inventive. A crab stuffed portobello mushroom was bland and cold. By contrast, mushroom risotto was decent though a beef filet was under-seasoned. If I ever did eat here again, I think I'd go with the special burger of the night. But you don't drive from SF to Mendo to eat burgers.

Breakfast was the major disappointment and what could only be described as puréed corn beef hash had to be sent back cold (table next to us sent food back as well). And how does any NorCal restaurant not have sourdough for a toast choice?

Visited March 2014
2 Thank FlatbushFlyer
Walnut Creek, California, United States
“The Heritage House Restaurant is Reborn”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Along with the rebirth of the Heritage House Resort, they now have a new restaurants. Decor is stark and minimal - a major change from the look and feel of the past. But the food is excellent and provides a variety of options from small plates, casual dining (such as fish & chips and kobe beef burgers) to innovative flatbreads and onto complete entrees. I had an amazing frisee salad and a German flatbread, loaded with bacon and cheese. My husband loved the fish and chips. But looking around the room, I saw others delighted with such offerings as quali. In addition, the small, but select dessert menu was a great finishing touch to the meal. We liked the choices of wines by the glass. The wine region is well-represented. It poured while we were there, but for nice days, almost every table has a wonderful view.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Denise K
California
“Great start for Heritage House dining”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had a wonderful dinner on December 25th. Though it was a prix fixe menu, the choice of selections was perfect. The lobster bisque was a delicious starter. I chose the mushroom risotto and my partner chose the pan seared salmon. Of the two, the risotto stood out as the top choice. The warm chocolate fondant was a nice way to close out the evening.

We dined in the bar area, which was cozy as it is near the fireplace. I understand the restaurant is being renovated and will have an open kitchen in the Spring 2014.

Visited December 2013
Belmont, California
“We expected more but I guess it was just an off-day.”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Please do not judge on this review. I am merely giving you my experience. We had dinner and ordered two different entrees. Both had so much fat that they simply were not edible. And to make matters worse, our server did not return but the person who removed our partially eaten meal did not even inquire as to why so little was consumed. (We had to flag down someone in order to get a teaspoon, after the coffee was delivered without one.) This was not a good experience on our 64th wedding anniversary, but we are sure that our experience must be unique...at least we certainly hope so.
Be advised that breakfast (included) was most satisfactory.

• Visited February 2014