“Delightful dinner”

5200 Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
5200 Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 23 Restaurants in Mendocino
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Santa Rosa, California
“Delightful dinner”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Delicious fillet of beef with an out-of-this-world sauce, served in the beautiful dining room overlooking the ocean.

Visited July 2014

Napa Valley, California
“The absolute worst dinner experience ever!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We went here for our 25th wedding anniversary, I guess we should have read the poor reviews first. We had 7:30 pm dinneir reservations, and arrived 15 minutes early. There was only one other couple in the entire restaraunt at this time, which I guess should have been our red flag warning! We had heard how the Resort had been recently remodeled, but they must have negleted the dinning room, the carpets were dirty, the walls dingy, the chairs old and well used. Our waitress described the specials then left. Our waters filled then she came back and took our order. We ordered the Chicken BBQ flat bread, Warm spinach salad as appetizers to share, The pasta seafood special and the veal parmigian, we were never asked for a drink order.
We were soon brought over 2 small plates so we could share the food food that would later be brought to us( 20 minutes later, and remember there is only one other couple in the restaurant.) At this time 2 other couples are seated. The kitchen is just off the dining room and we could see 2 chefs working away. Lots of pan slamming and kitchen noises which make it somewhat hard to enjoy your surroundings. We received our flat bread, and warm spinach salad. The chicken flat bread was burned to a crisp on one end, and the chicken was over cooked and rubbery! My wife and I had gotten almost all the way through the warm spinach salad, which consisted of spinach, bacon, sautéd mushrooms and onions, and blue cheese, when all of sudden my wife spits out a huge chunk of bone about an inch long and half inch wide. Totally unacceptable! We showed the waitress's who said they would take care of it and took it away and preceded to drop a dirty knife in my lap, no big deal accidents happen, but how could such a large piece of bone end up in a salad?? It was at this point that we had to wait about 45 minutes to an hour for our entrees, and the couple seated 20 minutes after us had been served their appetizers and entrees before us. Please remember there are only 4 couples in the entire place. The waitress brought my wife the pasta special which she announced and then served me Lamb Shanks. I told her I did not order lamb shanks, but actually order the veal!
She gave me a puzzled look and said, " yes, we are out of veal, wouldn't I like the lamb shank? ( I hate the taste of lamb) Or I could reorder. I don't know why they did not inform us that they were out of veal, and try to just serve something else or what! It was at this point we decided to just leave! Avoid this place, there are way better places to eat just up the road in Mendocino! Oh forgot to mention the ants marching along the window will inside!

• Visited July 2014
“Food matched the service...awful”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We made reservations for 7pm after the front desk at the Heritage House recommended the food at the 5200 restaurant. When we sat down we accepted the fact that the entire resort was undergoing renovations but we couldn't look past all the ants that were occupying our corner of the restaurant. From there, it took probably 10 minutes just to get a drink. The salmon was blah, no flavor what so ever. We were never asked for another drink or how our meal was. We did get a dessert which took another 10-15 minutes to receive. We overheard from other tables how bad their food and service was as well. The place wasn't even busy for a Tuesday night so how could they have bad service!? Disappointing experience to say the least

• Visited June 2014
Santa Rosa, CA
“Food to match the view”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Dinner was beautifully presented and prepared. Service was attentive but at time the staff was a bit thin. This is a restaurant that will start to rival the other great choices on the coast. But the view is the most spectacular in the area.

Visited June 2014
durango,co
“Delicious, filling dinner with stunning view”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stumbled upon this on our way down the coast, and were totally delighted. The view is incredible and the service was impeccable. Cuisine is a mixture of French and American. I had a steak and my wife had duck. Both were excellent, and portions are generous. The restaurant overlooks the resort where the classic movie "Same Time Next Year" was filmed.

• Visited May 2014