“Don't bother”

5200 Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
5200 Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 24 Restaurants in Mendocino
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sacramento, California
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First impression was OK - great service to start with. Cheese tray was spectacular - lots of cheese and fruit!, but went downhill from there. Ants crawling all over the table. Took FOREVER to get our meal - then arrived with the wrong thing for me. My husband finished his meal just as I was getting my corrected meal. The meals weren't very good. The help was very friendly, but didn't make up for the lousy food.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Amy B

tahoe
“Sorry to be the Unhappy Customer”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I had a get away weekday holiday and stayed a the Heritage Inn where this restaurant is located. This is a newly remodeled newly reopened property. Some of the reviews were less than stellar. I mentioned that to the desk person when I arrived. She politely told me not to worry and we would be more than satisfied.
I hoped so as we traveled most of the day to get there and the views from the restaurant area were quite pleasing. The pacific Ocean is beautiful.
We were seated at about 8:20P.M. They even took special care to lay down a blanket and give my wifes dog a bowl and goodies. Nice touch.
We were given water by James who said he would be our "runner"
Menus were delivered as well and I asked James for lemon for my water.
Our waiter showed up to drop off the wine list as well and to make sure James had taken care of us. I asked for lemon again. By the third time I asked for lemon he finally got the message and delivered a plateful of lemon cut up by the chef. So of sarcastic but I did get my lemon.
The menu is extremely limited. i thought the trout looked good but my wife was having trouble finding something.
We ended up ordering the trout for me and we were to split a caesar salad a bowl of french onion soup and my wife would have a personal pizza.
There were three other tables occupied and everybody had been served something as they were all there prior to our arrival. We found a bottle of wine on the limited wine list as well. In this neck of the woods every establishment has a generous wine selection. Not here. the bottle we chose was fine.
The waiter returned to tell us they wee out of trout. He brought the salad and placed it between us and I ordered the crab risotto. The soup came but without spoons. My wife worked on the french onion with a fork. I had a large serving spoon which I worked with. After three more requests for a spoon it was too late. I can't believe the waiter after seeing we did indeed make do ask if she,my wife wanted a spoon.
About 9:10 P.M. the waiter shows up and says the crab is up but my wifes pizza is still in the oven and did he want to serve one course and wait for the other. My wife asked how long it would be. He said just a minute or two behind. He brought my main course. I ate the few pieces of crab and slowly worked on the risotto. Fifteen minutes later I was done and her pizza finally arrived...........burnt.
That was it I had it. We spoke to the manager Kate. She was quiet while I berated the whole property and personnel. She felt bad and wrote off the food. My wife went hungry and we left.
I heard the usual excuses. The chef was by himself we were out of the trout.... etc. I am sorry if you try and have a fine dining experience and charge accordingly step up to the plate or deal with bad reviews

• Visited July 2014
7 Thank waterguy555
Roseburg, Oregon
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Part of the Heritage house resort. Overlooking the beautiful Pacific. Check out the resort while you are there. Nice staff and well prepared food.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank DaveandTerry
San Francisco, California
“Good but Pricey”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at the Heritage House (which we loved - see separate review). Ate breakfast at 5200 twice during our stay. The food was very good and the service was fine. No complaints there. But it wasn't anything exceptional, and we felt it was a bit on the pricey side for what we got. We didn't have dinner there, so I have no opinion about that.

• Visited July 2014
Santa Rosa, California
“Delightful dinner”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Delicious fillet of beef with an out-of-this-world sauce, served in the beautiful dining room overlooking the ocean.

Visited July 2014