“Diner quality food at fine dining prices”

The 955 Ukiah Street Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 22 Restaurants in Mendocino
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Aliso Viejo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diner quality food at fine dining prices”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The duck won tons had descent flavor but the pasta shell was under cooked and the filing had a chalky texture. The lamb stew had very little flavor and the lamb was way over cooked. We had high hopes for this place but were sadly disappointed.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kevin949

Mendocino, California, United States
“Horrid”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My mother and I dined here for NYE 2012. Again, another restaurant that doesn't cook with salt. I don't understand this concept because nothing tastes good. They did not have a special menu for the night, which was disappointing. I had duck, mom had the pork, but we both had the same sides: plain penne pasta and plain rice, MIXED TOGETHER. Neither cooked with salt. ??? It was truly bizarre with no thought about creating a dish that is cohesive. Not going back.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ashley M
Morrison, Colorado
“Lovely venue, good service, but meal disappointed”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I dined at 955 Ukiah at the recommendation of our B&B host. What we encountered was a smallish, beautiful venue with large windows overlooking an untamed garden, and excellent service. We thought we had it "made".

My wife excitedly ordered the calamari, and I the seafood menagerie. The quality of ingredients was first-rate. Clearly the chef had some interesting ideas. B-u-t ... both dishes were absolutely flat, completely lacking of character. So many things done really right, but in the end a great restaurant needs to serve great food.

Bottom line ... a lovely place to eat, but we would only go for appetizers and dessert just to enjoy the atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Cigano-Gitano
“Come for the food.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had an excellent late dinner. The wine was good but the bread, flat steak and lamb stew were terrific. Well worth the drive. It is a good value.

• Visited September 2013
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Couldn't remember the number of the name--but I will next time!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Best lamb stew I ever ate. Husband said his pork chop was the best prepared he can remember. Tiramasu was to die for. The wine, of course, held center stage.

Visited August 2013