“The trifecta”

MacCallum House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
MacCallum House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 23 Restaurants in Mendocino
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lansing St.
Transit: Mendocino Transit Authority.
Greenbrae, California
“The trifecta”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I can't recall another place where I have enjoyed a hotel, its setting, and its restaurant so much. Sometimes we'll eat in the restaurant of a hotel where we are staying merely for the convenience. But we were impressed by the reviews of the MacCallum House and we were definitely not disappointed. The use of local foods and wines by a restaurant is always something we appreciate because of the sense of place that it helps to communicate, and MacCallum House does that beautifully. I had the citrus vodka cured wild king salmon appetizer, served with potato rosti, poached egg and creme fraiche and I could not get enough of it. My main course was a local halibut, a sustainable catch from ocean waters nearby, and my wife had the pork chop. We traded dishes at one point (sorry, for those offended...) and then could not figure out whether to trade back because we enjoyed both so much. The following morning, breakfast was a relaxed joy, as well. I loved the flavors of the simple mushroom and spinach omelet with a slight sprinkle of white cheddar. All while appreciating the beauty of rugged Mendocino Bay. Quite a nice anniversary celebration we had!

• Visited June 2014

Skiatook, Oklahoma
“Wonderful breakfast!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Nice menu choices with great food! Recommend for breakfast! Breakfast was included with our stay at MacCallum Inn.

Visited June 2014
Mint Hill
“Best restaurant chicken ever.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

There were four of us. Be sure to make reservations. Atmosphere is very quaint. Three ordered the chicken and one ordered flat iron steak. The blue cheese was the best ever. All four meals were delicious. The sides were very tasty. The service was great. The prices were a little above average. The chicken was almost as good as I remember grandma's at the family's Sunday lunch years ago!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Charles S
Novato, Ca
“Cozy and yummy”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were there on a Sunday evening so the place wasn't crowded like it can be. Service was excellent and the food and ambiance lovely. Always make reservations!

Visited April 2014
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United States
“Good food, nice service”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Inn for a couple of nights. Breakfast was included, they give you tickets when you check in and then chose from the regular menu. They do not skimp on the breakfast choices like other hotels do. We had a guy named Shawn both mornings. Very polite, great service, loved him. We also had dinner here one night. Our waitress was not as great as Shawn but the food.... It was great. Well mine was, I had the filet minion. I'm a steak snob, it made me happy so good job guys. My husband and I are both from the Southern US so I have no idea what he expected when he ordered the fried chicken. It was for sure a west coast take on a Southern favorite. Nice try on your interpretation of fried chicken. I would eat here again.