“Cottage Bliss”
Review of Blair House Inn

Blair House Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mendocino
Blair House Inn
Ranked #24 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Weimar, California, United States
“Cottage Bliss”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We went to the Mendocino coast for our 15 year Anniversary. I must say I read the reviews and thinks there must be some pretty picky folks out there because we absolutely loved our stay. We stayed for 3 nights and had a hard time saying good-bye. Norm, the Innkeeper took such good care of us. His attention to detail of making sure we always had what we needed will be a memory we'll cherish forever. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The Cottage is more private with your own kitchenette but all the rooms looked nice also.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angels K

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My husband and I visited Mendocino for the first time and had a great stay at Blair House Inn. We highly recommend it! It was a relaxing and pleasant stay. The B&B is centrally located. We were in Eric's room and thought the room was very comfortable and clean. Norm the Innkeeper, was very friendly and knowledgable about the area. It was great chatting with him and learning about Mendocino and the history of Blair House Inn. Norm was very welcoming and made our stay an awesome experience!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 09Honeymooners
San Jose, California
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Some of the previous reviews made me a little nervous about staying there, but my sister and her husband, and my husband and I had a very nice stay there. We had Jennifer's room in the front of the house and my sister and her husband had Eric's room on the side of the house. Blair House is on a very large corner lot, so it was very quiet. Across the street is a "park" (open lot) so the view of the bay was great from Jennifer's room. Yes, the house is old and need of repairs, but it was built .in the 1880's. The house maintains the character of an old Victorian. If you want a spa exprience, stay somewhere else. The only common area was the dining room and Norm, the caretaker, said it was alright for us to use it in the evenings to play cards. The continental breakfast was good. There were fresh strawberries, cantalope and bananas along with a few pasteries, bagels and English muffins and cereal. I had checked online for quite a few B&Bs and feel that the value is good.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank GlenNGloria
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I had reserved the Blair Cottage for 2 nights. The cottager was not very clean inside. After waking from the first night stay we found fresh rodent droppings on the kitchen counter and my clothes that were laying in a chair. Told the Inn Mgr and he moved us into the main house to Angela's Suite. Basically no money is being spent to upkeep the property and you can tell. Sad as this was a city that we love to vacation in. The economy seems to have hit here too.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Mendocino hotels

Cape Town
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Many of the previous comments are true. It needs a thorough renovation as it is over priced for the quality.

However, it was awesome to stay in Jessica Fletcher's house (even though the used only the exterior in the TV programme.

They really need to make more of that theme if they are to attract clients. Would only recommend to "Murder, She Wrote" fans.

Norm was a great Inn Keeper.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Charlie M
San Anselmo, California
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The house was rundown and the grounds were very ill kept. There were two big holes in front of the house and you had to be careful you didn't break your ankle going to the house. There were water leaks showing on the wallpaper. The rooms were somewhat clean (clean enough I guess). The shades in the room were dirty and broken. The couch was broken and the chair was ready to break. The room was very, very cold. We had no linen or towel service for the two nights we stayed, and the towels had holes in them. There was a very modern kitchen with a 6-burner stovetop but we were served toasted bagels or english muffins with some fruit and boxed cereal. Really bad coffee; so bad we went to the local coffee shop for some great coffee. The landloard was pleasant but not inspired to do much in the way of any comforts (like change the towels or cook an egg). I'm shocked that I had to pay $148 per night for this slum. I will never go back. EVER.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JustATraveler00
hawaii
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I manage a bed and breakfast in Hawaii and had the pleasure of traveling to the North Coast of California to visit friends. I decided to stay at the Blair House I stayed in Angela's room the room is HUGE!! and the bed is so comfortable I would hiughly recommend it to any one interested in staying there. The Innkeeper Norm is a pleasure to talk with he is very knowldgeable about the area, was wonderful to have a conversation with and was all around a pleasant person. I would deffinatly stay again if I were going to Mendicino!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends