“Relaxing Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blair House Inn

Blair House Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mendocino
Blair House Inn
Ranked #24 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Nice little place to relax, close to everything - well i guess everything is close to everything in Mendocino. My wife and I stayed in Angela's suite, a big beautiful room with a lot of character and a nice comfy bed; definitely the best room in the house (and most expensive). Take a right outside the front door and the ocean is about a 1/2 mile down the road.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BTnorcal

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stockton, California
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Ok, she didn't really live there, but we had a great time at the Blair House none the less. This quaint, cozy BnB is located in the heart of Mendocino, close to everything. Foodies don't miss Cafe Beaujolais and Wild Fish, two culinary gems of the north coast.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sue B
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The Blair house is charming, historic, and a Hollywood notable in the series "murder she wrote". I stayed in Eric's room. Spacious and clean with old fashioned charm. Hardwood floors, extra hij ceilings, view of the town and the distant cliffs. The bed was feather, so we're the pillows and the comforter. Local Mendocino wine was left at my doorstep with a welcome note. Breakfast was included. The bathroom modern clean and comfortable. The price was much more affordable than nearby B&B's.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Sharona317
Sacramento
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Had a great time in Mendocino; I've never seen the ocean so calm, beautiful. We went on a spur of the moment with no reservations anywhere and stumbled upon the Blair House. I'm not a "Murder She Wrote" fan, but my girlfriend is, so it was an added bonus to stay in the house that was used in the series. Angela's suite is really nice - the biggest room they have, but we preferred the upstairs room overlooking Mendocino. Norm, the innkeeper, was very nice and helpful. Looking forward to another relaxing weekend there, but I think we'll make some reservations next time - just in case.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob D
Weimar, California, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We went to the Mendocino coast for our 15 year Anniversary. I must say I read the reviews and thinks there must be some pretty picky folks out there because we absolutely loved our stay. We stayed for 3 nights and had a hard time saying good-bye. Norm, the Innkeeper took such good care of us. His attention to detail of making sure we always had what we needed will be a memory we'll cherish forever. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The Cottage is more private with your own kitchenette but all the rooms looked nice also.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angels K
Rocklin, California
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My husband and I visited Mendocino for the first time and had a great stay at Blair House Inn. We highly recommend it! It was a relaxing and pleasant stay. The B&B is centrally located. We were in Eric's room and thought the room was very comfortable and clean. Norm the Innkeeper, was very friendly and knowledgable about the area. It was great chatting with him and learning about Mendocino and the history of Blair House Inn. Norm was very welcoming and made our stay an awesome experience!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 09Honeymooners
San Jose, California
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Some of the previous reviews made me a little nervous about staying there, but my sister and her husband, and my husband and I had a very nice stay there. We had Jennifer's room in the front of the house and my sister and her husband had Eric's room on the side of the house. Blair House is on a very large corner lot, so it was very quiet. Across the street is a "park" (open lot) so the view of the bay was great from Jennifer's room. Yes, the house is old and need of repairs, but it was built .in the 1880's. The house maintains the character of an old Victorian. If you want a spa exprience, stay somewhere else. The only common area was the dining room and Norm, the caretaker, said it was alright for us to use it in the evenings to play cards. The continental breakfast was good. There were fresh strawberries, cantalope and bananas along with a few pasteries, bagels and English muffins and cereal. I had checked online for quite a few B&Bs and feel that the value is good.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family