“Packard House B&B - Wonderful Place to Stay!”
Review of Packard House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mendocino
Packard House
Ranked #12 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Beautifully appointed property in a home built in the 1860s. Comfy beds, quiet, peaceful, easy to find (like everything in Mendocino), absolutely scrumptious breakfast. Innkeeper is a born hostess and wonderful conversationalist!

Room Tip: I peeked. All the rooms appeared to be excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I spent our Anniversary weekend @ the PH. The Innkeeper arrived @ the 3pm check in and greeted us, showed us to our room upstairs as well as the layout of the place.
There's a wine/appetizer hour from 5-6pm, which is very nice. The Innkeeper created custom snacks each day, to go with the wines. Breakfast was @ 9am sharp, in the dining room, and it was huge and very tasty. Our room had a great view of the ocean and town. Our bed was loaded with down pillows, and soft linens, jacuzzi tub and gas fireplace. The B&B is a heritage home and has lots of creeks, and noises, when walking around the rooms. Nice decor, not overly done like grandma's house.

Room Tip: No A/C, Heat is with the gas fireplace in the room. It's usually fine First coffee brewed @ 8am...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lenspic
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had such a great stay at PH. What I liked so much about this B&B is that it's not kitschy Victorian like so many of the B&B's we saw on the internet. Our room was the Village View room which is downstairs, it was quite comfortable with a king size bed. We were able to use the mini fridge outside the front door and the living room with a fire place is right ouside the room. Carrie delighted us with a delicious breakfast every morning. The breakfast menu was different all three days, from scrambled eggs with waffles, to pecan and cinammon french toast, to spinach and mushroom omlettes. My husband is still talking about the french toast! There is also a really nice happy hour at 5pm with wine and a light appetizer. The wine was quite good from a local Anderson Valley winery. PH is centrally located in the village, easy walking distance to everything. It was such an amazing stay, I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Stay in the main house to get the full breakfast. They are worth it. But don't be late, breakf...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited a few days ago and we were very impressed! We stayed in the Garden Court.

Damian has a great attention to detail. The bed was cozy, the house was quiet and welcoming, complimentary coffee, cookies, and tea are availability all day, the soap is amazing, the jacuzzi tub is romantic, and most notably the breakfast was 5-star!

We appreciated the contemporary decor in lieu of that tacky doll-house decor I've seen elsewhere in Mendocino (sorry if that's offensive to those b&b's!)

We went hiking during the day and Damian recommended a nice park + provided us with a cool backpack.

Oh, and I can't forget the complimentary wine hour served by the friendly inn-keeper!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My brother and I decided to explore somewhere with in a few hours driving distance outside of San Francisco. He works in tec there and I was visiting from Minnesota. We were looking for somewhere close to town, walking distance. Packard House is very close, only 2 blocks away! Our room was clean and breakfast was great (pancakes, eggs, coffee, juice...)! We met the rest of those that stayed at the house at 9am and ate breakfast with everyone. Each morning we chatted about what we did the previous day and shared stories. There was about 8 of us.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Second visit to the Packard House. Booked a basic room for bday weekend and we were upgraded to their gorgeous cottage!! Huge jetted tubs, incredibly comfy beds, high-end decor, local wine and appetizer hour every night by the fireplace, and the most phenomenal breakfasts ever (5 stars, hands down). The chef even gave us their recipe for sweet potato pancakes! Won't stay anywhere else when we visit the north coast!! Very hospitable and amazing staff... Stellar service. They have two sister properties that are worth checking out as well if the Packard is booked.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had a concern with my stay. Nan was unable to provide an answer to my concern regarding whether or not, as I was advised, I was the only person in the property. I am a single senior citizen and hearing someone in an upstairs room after being advised I was the only person at the property made me very uncomfortable staying there. At approx 7pm, I left the property and when she finally called back to advise she was unable to say if someone else was there, I advised her I was going to stay elsewhere.
I understand this was my choice to be able to sleep that night, however, since I had not touched the room, received any amenities or food and they had been unable to advise if I was in fact alone at the property, I called Nan the next day to ask if they might consider a partial credit. I understood this was entirely up to their consideration.
Not only did she show no concern, she was so nasty, negative and vicious in responses I finally just hung up. The person who greeted me on arrival was very pleasant and helpful however I do not recall her name.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo