“Lovely and modern”
Review of Packard House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mendocino
Packard House
Ranked #12 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Chicago
“Lovely and modern”
Reviewed 24 October 2005

My husband and I recently stayed at Packard House in the Pacific View room. The inn was wonderful-I was initially concerned since the inn is small (only four rooms) and we do not usually stay at b&b style inns. Packard House was wonderful! From the service to the comfortable beds, deluxe bathrooms and breakfast basket delivered to your door...all was outstanding! We highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank mojitogirlChicago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 9 October 2005

The Packard House is by far the best place to stay in Mendocino. The design, breakfast and staff are flawless. It is not your normal B&B (which we dont really seem to like...yucky lace). It is modern and fresh and CLEAN. They also respect your privacy which for us is a HUGE plus. We will only stay at the Packard House on our visits to Mendocino.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
Reviewed 14 June 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Packard House last November. I chose this B&B because it seemed to offer a nice alternative to the stuffy Victorian decor offered by most of the other places I looked into. We weren't let down. The entire place was modern and exhibited good taste. They played great music too, soft jazz. We stayed in the village view room, but had a chance to see all of the rooms the next morning. Our room was wonderful. It had high ceilings and was everything you could expect from the pictures. I will say that it was significantly larger than the other 3 rooms. I think this was because it was the only room located on the first floor. It also offered a jetted bath tub, which was exceptional.

Breakfast was wonderful as well. We were served a flaky pear pastry followed by a delicious egg souffle. I usually don't like eggs and I feared when I found out what was to be served the next morning, but to my surprise it was super tasty. This was the first time my boyfriend and I had stayed a B&B and overall we had a great experience staying at the Packard House.

As for the reviewer who complained about the Pacific view room-
In their defense there isn't much of an ocean view, but it's a beautiful room and everything else about it makes up for that.

• Stayed November 2004
3 Thank mshday
Reviewed 10 September 2003

The Packard House was a wonderful place to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Maria and Dan, the proprietors, were friendly and so very helpful. Maria is an excellent cook, so the breakfasts were scrumptious. Our room, The Pacific View Room, was lovely. It was exactly as we had expected from the photo on their website. The king bed was luxurious, and the whirlpool tub was made for two! We meet some wonderful people there and felt at home. We recommend it to anyone who plans a visit to Mendocino. The trip up Rt.1 along the California Coast is breathtaking. It should be one of the seven wonders of the World.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 August 2003

I just ran across This review while for places to stay on my next vacation. I was shocked to read the review that was given to the C.O. Packard House B&B. We have stayed there every year now for the past four years and we particularly love the Pacific View Room . The "small heater" is a beatifully trimmed gas fireplace that really heats up the room,my guess is that these guests probably were unable to figure out how to operate it. The TV is hidden inside an elegent 1800's Armoire and yes when the doors are open they block the View window but then you are watching TV!. The Inn was built in the late 1800's and the Owners recently did a Major renevation including elegent Bathrooms with Marble and tile showers and large Jet Tubs elegent fine linens on King size beds .All these aminities make the Packard House my choice for a Bed and Breakfast stay
The Staff has always been attentive , looking after all our needs,reservations,Massages or anything we requested they have taken care of us. Maybe these particular Guests have never stayed at a B&B and do not realize that most Inns are operated and owned by one or two people a small staff .We personally like small B&B's the best, We like the personal service and contact with the owners.We have met the nicest people with similar interests,both over wine in the afternoon and Breakfast and ..oh yes,The Breakfast at the Packard House is the Best! We encourage everyone to stay there , We know you will enjoy it as we have.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 April 2003

We were really disappointed with this Bed and Breakfast Inn for the following reasons. The whole house was cold except for a small heater in our room. The room was small and poorly arranged. It was labled the Pacific View room which it did have a view of the Pacific Ocean which was about .5 miles from the window. If you wanted to watch TV you had to open a cabinet door to access the TV. Guess what. The cabinet door covered the only window which was supposed to view the ocean. The Toilet area was in a use-to-be clothes closet with a very low ceiling. The sink was partially plugged so you really could not let the water run for very long. And the real problem was the rudeness of the staff. We received an important phone call but the staff would not put it through to us because phone lines not set up to transfer to each room. We would not recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone especially at the high price they charge.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member