“Nice B&B”
Review of Packard House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mendocino
Packard House
Ranked #12 of 25 Mendocino B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“Nice B&B”
Reviewed 21 May 2006

We had a comfortable enjoyable weekend at the Packard House. The breakfast and hospitality were good. The room was comfortable and the house was nicely updated. Some old B&B's can lack modern comforts, but this one seems pretty well upgraded. The views are ok but not spectacular.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank bdh1968

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 24 April 2006

I recently spent two nights in the Pacific View room of the Packard House. It's easily the most stylish B&B I've ever stayed in, and feels like you're living in the Restoration Hardware catalog. The breakfast was delicious and equally stylish. Each afternoon the hosts set up wine and snacks in a sitting room downstairs. The staff was friendly and professional. Unfortunately I feel that the view of the "Pacific View" room is oversold; yes, there is a distant view of the ocean through the one small window, which you'll enjoy on the way to the bathroom, but that's about the only time. I actually think this borders on false advertising. The fireplace did not work, but I'm willing to accept that was a fluke given the very high level of attention paid to the property in general. The upside to being a few blocks off Main Street is that it's really quiet.

Stayed April 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 November 2005

We loved the Packard House! We stayed here for threee nights of our honeymoon, in the Pacific View room, and we fell in love. It's only a short walk to the Headlands State Park, where bluffs, cliffs and beaches are plentiful. The B&B provides a wonderful breakfast in the morning; we had artichoke suffle and seared pears.

The artwork and design of the house are impressive and tasteful. The house was built in the 1800s, but it looks very modern inside. The front lawn was very gardenesque and made for a pretty picture.

The service was great, although there is not someone there 24 hours. They loan DVDs to the guests and provide cable television. Damien was especially helpful and friendly. They will even set up a picnic for the guests, blanket included.

The bathtub was huge and very relaxing, though we did have a problem with the drain on our last evening. The complimentary bath products were excellent and suitable for either gender.

My only complaint is that there was only one trash can--in the toilet room. There was no place to dispose of waste in the bedroom or bath area. We had to make do with paper bags from the market.

The best part of the stay: the bed! It was so comfy and topped with down pillows. One of the most comfortable beds in which I've ever slept.

• Stayed November 2005
5 Thank StephanieMay
Chicago
Reviewed 24 October 2005

My husband and I recently stayed at Packard House in the Pacific View room. The inn was wonderful-I was initially concerned since the inn is small (only four rooms) and we do not usually stay at b&b style inns. Packard House was wonderful! From the service to the comfortable beds, deluxe bathrooms and breakfast basket delivered to your door...all was outstanding! We highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank mojitogirlChicago
Reviewed 9 October 2005

The Packard House is by far the best place to stay in Mendocino. The design, breakfast and staff are flawless. It is not your normal B&B (which we dont really seem to like...yucky lace). It is modern and fresh and CLEAN. They also respect your privacy which for us is a HUGE plus. We will only stay at the Packard House on our visits to Mendocino.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
Reviewed 14 June 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Packard House last November. I chose this B&B because it seemed to offer a nice alternative to the stuffy Victorian decor offered by most of the other places I looked into. We weren't let down. The entire place was modern and exhibited good taste. They played great music too, soft jazz. We stayed in the village view room, but had a chance to see all of the rooms the next morning. Our room was wonderful. It had high ceilings and was everything you could expect from the pictures. I will say that it was significantly larger than the other 3 rooms. I think this was because it was the only room located on the first floor. It also offered a jetted bath tub, which was exceptional.

Breakfast was wonderful as well. We were served a flaky pear pastry followed by a delicious egg souffle. I usually don't like eggs and I feared when I found out what was to be served the next morning, but to my surprise it was super tasty. This was the first time my boyfriend and I had stayed a B&B and overall we had a great experience staying at the Packard House.

As for the reviewer who complained about the Pacific view room-
In their defense there isn't much of an ocean view, but it's a beautiful room and everything else about it makes up for that.

• Stayed November 2004
3 Thank mshday
Reviewed 10 September 2003

The Packard House was a wonderful place to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Maria and Dan, the proprietors, were friendly and so very helpful. Maria is an excellent cook, so the breakfasts were scrumptious. Our room, The Pacific View Room, was lovely. It was exactly as we had expected from the photo on their website. The king bed was luxurious, and the whirlpool tub was made for two! We meet some wonderful people there and felt at home. We recommend it to anyone who plans a visit to Mendocino. The trip up Rt.1 along the California Coast is breathtaking. It should be one of the seven wonders of the World.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member