My husband and I stayed at Cypress Cove over New Year's. The house doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside did not disappoint! We stayed in the downstairs "Cove" and our friends stayed in the upstairs "Pacifica". We had the better view with wrap-around windows, but they had a larger bathroom and full kitchen with stove, etc. The "Cove" has a mini-fridge and microwave, so it was perfect for us.
- tons of storage space (there are drawers hidden everywhere)
- included plates, glasses, silverware, knives, and a cutting board
- fresh ground gourmet coffee and cream/sugar in fridge (regular and decaf)
- bottle of wine in fridge to welcome us
- complementary chocolates and brandy
- binder with lists of things to do/see
What to bring:
- hand lotion
- the view of Mendocino at night
- the note next to the toilet re: septic system (see attached photo)
We had the fire going almost the entire time we were there, and there was more firewood stacked outside. We stocked up on basics at the Harvest Market (in Mendocino); Our friends stocked their fridge at Safeway in Fort Bragg (10 miles away). Perfect for a romantic getaway.