“Good food, reasonable prices”

celia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 122 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Good food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife and I ate dinner here one very busy evening (Cinco de Mayo). Service was what one would expect under the circumstances, a little slow, but not terribly so. We are not heavy eaters,so we planned to order off the pequenas menu -- an enchilada and beans for my wife and the taco especial picadillo with rice for myself. Somehow, this ended up being a two-enchilada plato (with beans and rice) for my wife, and a taco (and some diced tomatoes with grated cheese) by itself on my plate. So...we got to share, but not quite in the way we had anticipated. And we had to leave an enchilada behind -- the quantity on the plate was more than adequate. The margarita was OK and there is a selection of Mexican (and other) beers, both on tap on in the bottle. While the taco especial was very good, the enchilada was good, but not outstanding. The staff was very friendly and that helped make for a pleasant evening, despite the menu mix-up.

• Visited May 2014

Hayward, California
“Second chance”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My visit here was as part of a work related lunch; I visited with a large group of coworkers. Having recently visited this restaurant at another location it was not my expectation to be impressed or have my opinion altered. On this date I had the chili-Verde. It was good but have had better at Mexican markets having in-store dining options as well as a select few east bay restaurants. Service at this location was marginally better than a recent visit to the Hayward location; see other review for remarks on that location. Given the size of our group, the wait staff did a fair job at keeping the chips/salsa bowls full and drinks topped. Food took quite some time to begin arriving and seemed to be confusing for the waiters; like they made no note or method to remember who ordered what.

I am still unimpressed by the food. Taste is rather bland. The menu is pretty extensive and may be what many in our group also felt the food lacks inspiration. One of my Spanish co-workers remarked to me how nasty she felt the Tortilla soup was. This itself has lent credence to my personal opinion of this group of restaurants. It is a surprise the two times I have visited do not reflect a large majority of what others have said in reviews of Celia's.

• Visited November 2013
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
“Real mexican food taste, amazing margaritas!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

I've tasted almost all the menu, and it keeps surprising me! Great taste, everythig is clean, fast personalized service, amazing drinks.
Try all the burritos and enchiladas! But be prepared to have a really biiiiiiiig lunch, they are hughe!!!
Also don't forget to order the margarita prepared with agave honey, it's really really good.

• Visited July 2013
Redwood City, California
“Good food, Great value!”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Don't let the tacky decor turn you off! Celia's food is quite good Mexican food, and a good value. Servings are generous and the menu is huge! Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu. very casual.

Visited November 2012
Long Beach CA
“All you want a Mexican restaurant to be”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The chips were fresh, the service was friendly. The standard combinations were on the menu and good a la carte choices. We had a late dinner, after a late arrival into town and this was perfect.

We are huge fans of Mexican food and this is a good place. Great value and fresh food.

Visited July 2012