“Great accommodations in a very convenient location. Awesome staff!”
Review of Menlo Park Inn

Menlo Park Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Menlo Park
Reviewed 6 April 2014

First stay but will return. Always hard to find good value in the value but sure did here. My new fav! Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. El went out of his way to ensure the restaurant I wanted to go to was open and when he called and found out it was closed on Monday (it's a valley sushi thing I guess being closed Mondays) he helped us find something else close by. Overall a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank BrianSunsetroad
ConceptHigh, General Manager at Menlo Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hello Brian,

It was our pleasure hosting you while you were in town! Can't wait to show you final product outside, and I've made sure to pass your praises on to El as well.

We'll look forward to seeing you again,

Thanks!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The Menlo Park Inn is an upscale motel in an expensive area near Stanford University. A bit pricey but clean, with good amenities for frequent travelers (coffee machine, refrigerator, microwave, make up mirror in bathroom...). Rooms are large (see photos), staff is very friendly and willing to go out of their way to make you feel at home. Because it is a "motel" style hotel your car is parked just steps from your door. By the way - I had difficulty with the door key until I learned that you need to lift the handle to open the door (I kept trying to open it by pushing the handle down). They serve a good cold breakfast with hard boiled eggs, pastries, yogurt, toast/bagels and they have a pancake machine. They have no restaurant onsite but a GREAT informal pizza place a few minutes walk. Beds are comfortable, connectivity good.

Although I am not handicapped I thought that it was well designed as a handicap room. Plenty of space to wheel around, large bathroom with space below the sink if you are in a wheelchair. Did not notice if the clothes rack had a low level option. There is a step down from the sidewalk outside your door to the parking area - did not notice if there was a way to avoid that. Perhaps they will take this into account during current construction.

Construction was a real problem. They days I was there jackhammers were digging up the sidewalks outside the door and construction crews filled the driveways during the day. I understand that construction should be completed in a couple of months so check with the hotel if you plan to spend the day in your room. If you are going out for the days then it doesn't matter. If your room is near the road you can hear the traffic going by.

The lobby was nicely appointed. Coffee/tea available free all day. Snacks for sale in a small kiosk. Small but comfortable breakfast area.

Staff are great. Not sure if they have a swimming pool, health club, or area to site outside.

Room Tip: You can hear cars go by in the rooms next to the street. The hotel is on two floors so if you have...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joyce M

Hello Joyce,

Thanks for taking the time to give you constructive feedback. Your review was very thoughtful, and it's very much appreciated. I'd love to invite you back to the property sometime in mid-July if your travels take you to our area. Feel free to contact me at matt@concepthotelgroup.com

Thanks and have a great day!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Pros: Room has lots of conveniences (coffee machine, microwave, fridge and lots of premium channels to watch). Comfortable bed. Cons: water pressure is low in shower (have stayed twice in different rooms with the same problem.) Breakfast is same everyday and uninspired.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank usatouae
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Myself and a colleague stayed here for a week while attending a nearby conference, and from someone who generally sleeps like a log and doesn't get disturbed by noise, you can trust me when I say this is the noisiest place I have ever stayed in.
I had no complaints about the trains like other guests, it was more the noise from the cleaning staff and other guests as the walls were paper thin!
The first night we had a couple next door who were really making the most of their bedroom time, make that about 8 times in a row all through the night, and we could hear EVERYTHING!
Then we had a guy upstairs who arrives at some ungodly hour in the morning, constantly paced around his room, and then skyped his family - again, we heard EVERYTHING!
We were also stationed right next to the cleaners quarters, so every morning we had their chit-chat and phone conversations, and trundling along with their cleaning gear.
Then we had the rubbish truck, which was honestly the loudest rubbish truck ever, and someone may as well have stood over my bed banging pots and pans together for an hour.
Also, the room we had was on the ground floor, got no sun, and only had a small desk lamp and a small bedside lamp for lighting the whole room - it was so dim that I often ended up with a tension headache from the poor lighting.
Also, the breakfast was terrible, I don't know how you can go wrong with boiled eggs, but those suckers were like rubber balls.
The only good thing I have to say about this place is that the beds were super comfy and the rooms were nicely decorated.
However, the standard of this hotel is really deceiving on the website, it's OK, but but not as nice as it looks in their photos...
And for the amount that we payed per night.... what an incredible rip off. The next hotel we stayed at was $100/night cheaper, included a full cooked buffet breakfast and was absolute luxury.

Room Tip: Don't even bother. Chose another place to stay. I don't think any room choice will save you...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank SophieandGlenn
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I couldn"t believe I had to pay $257 (through Hotels.com) to stay in a motel. I had a business meeting in Palo Alto and the prices there were so astronomical I began to look in neighboring cities and this one actually began to seem reasonable. The rooms were upgraded from motel decor to try to look like an upscale hotel room, but that was some time ago apparently because the rooms are beginning to show their age. I was comfortable, the room was clean, there was water, an orange, some cookies and trail mix waiting for me and the staff was very nice. But, it's a motel.

Room Tip: I would take the second floor for the safety and noise factor but there's no elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chat89
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This hotel is right on top of El Camino and has a train running nearby. The train runs all night. So even a room in the back of the hotel (where there's still plenty of street noise) cannot escape the train noise. Room was a bit shabby. It's a motel - entrances are outdoors so if you're not comfortable with that, beware.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Menlo Park Inn is a pretty good motel. I like theirs quality.

We took a free GPS and it was a great bonus. Usualy motels and car rentals have not free GPS.

Staff is very very good. When we were needed to stay for two more days they helped to find a room and made a present when we were leaving.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Red Cottage Inn
Red Cottage Inn
#7 of 11 in Menlo Park
Residence Inn Palo Alto Menlo Park

Been to Menlo Park Inn? Share your experiences!