“With walking distance”
Review of LB Steak

LB Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
LB Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 123 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This restaurant is a block and a half from my front door. Both bartenders are very attentive. They make it very enjoyable to go there. The happy hour menu at the bar is great.

There are newer reviews for LB Steak

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Ate at the LB Steak in Menlo Park this night and I must say this was probably the best burger I ever had. But, having said that, I am not really a burger connoisseur so that really rests some value to my previous point.

I find USA's food generally poor, but you have to give them away that they are very good at doing their stuff. And beef is one of those things they cook really well. So, I'm sure there must be many places better than LB Steak, but for someone that visits and having seen the restaurants in Menlo Park, well this is one of the nicest meals you might get.

My friends had steaks and they were all happy with the food. The ones from the US agreed that the meat was really nice but again not the nicest they had. But still really good. Service was adequate and without pretensions. Ambient was good and foot came not fast but not slow either. I can agree with some other commentator that the prices can be a bit steep if we are talking about the steaks. Although the burger was good value I think. 14$ for a big burger with two extra ingredients and fries as side order.

So, very nice. I would back again with no hesitation.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was our first time eating at this restaurant and I would definitely go back. The atmosphere was great and the service was great also. The food was all good and got rave reviews (there were 4 of us). The pleasant surprise was the popovers instead of bread - a real surprise since bread is just bread at a restaurant and the only difference is it served hot or cold. We each ordered different appetizers and they were all good - I had a tomato salad which was beautiful and delicious. Three in our party had rib eye steaks and they all said they were delicious and I had a filet which was wonderful also. We also each ordered difference desserts and one ordered just fresh fruit which wasn't on the menu and the waiter brought a beautiful bowl of berries. We brought our own wines and the corkage charge was minimal but they have a full (beautiful) bar. All in all a wonderful experience and we definitely will return.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

If you love to gawk at prime beef, the refrigerated case facing the front door along Santa Cruz Avenue is beautiful.

Unlike some restaurants who place plastic replicas of their menu items in the front window, LB Steak displays the real thing. Some women more comfortable ordering a petite steak may get scared with the size of the meat placed in front of them.

LB stands for Left Bank... a French food restaurant chain.

Occasionally, they host international theme nights... the latest was Filipino Night.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We were not sure, but some friends invited us to join them at the holidays. We've now been back three times, and food was consistently good. They cook steak to perfection. Sides are delicious -- onion rings, creamed spinach and popovers all great. Wedge salad great. Lobster bisque pretty good. MUCH better than Flemings, better priced, quieter atmosphere. They are open late. Not enough good restaurants in Menlo Park so hope they stay!

1  Thank Lisa L