“Good back room for events. Had a dinner with Senator Boxer there and it was perfect -- solid service; decent food...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oak City Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Santa Cruz Avenue
Transit: We are conveniently located one block west of the Menlo Park Caltrain station and bus station.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

Good back room for events. Had a dinner with Senator Boxer there and it was perfect -- solid service; decent food; good room for events.

Los Altos, cA
“Quite disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2008

We had been to Oak City Grill several times in the past and found it good if not outstanding. Last night's return visit was very disappointing.
My wife had a scallop entree which included, for $25, 4 small scallops and a pile of undercooked green beans. The scallops were doused in truffle oil which ruined their natural sweet taste. She couldn't finish it.
I had a roasted pork roulade surrounded by white beans, mushy fried small potatoes and some burned substance that I couldn't identify. The pork was quite good, the beans were OK and the potatoes were poor. The ??? had no identifiable taste.
For dessert, we ordered a dish of gelato which, for $6, gave us one scoop of OK white mint gelato and one scoop of very icy chocolate. We called the waiter and complained and the chocolate was replaced with a toffee/heath bar gelato that was tasty, smooth and a bit too sweet.
We drank a Rosenblum zinfandel that was excellent and reasonably priced.
The total bill was $77 plus tip which we thought would have been OK if the quality had been much better.
Terrible is probably too harsh a judgment, but it definitely wasn't OK, either.

California
“fav in Menlo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2008

I recommend the wonder beet/arugula salad. Also, had the chocolate volcano cake...supurb...I had the filet, and it was medium when I asked for medium...wow..soooo good. I'd definitly would pick this as my restaurant next time when I'm in Menlo Park. Nice wait staff too. Charming.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The first time I went here it was great. The second time it was lousy. Still trying to figure out whether I like it...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2008

The first time I went here it was great. The second time it was lousy. Still trying to figure out whether I like it or not.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great burgers, slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2008