“Old Italian neighborhood restaurant”
Review of Carpaccio

Carpaccio
Ranked #6 of 124 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Price range: US$30 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Nice ambience. Welcoming aromas. Friendly and efficient service with traditional Italian food. We loved the Italian meatball soup, Caesar salad, bombetta ( a baked cheese soufflé salad), and the special of the week carbonara. Quite a popular local restaurant. The soup was especially good, with a whole meatball obviously made by Nonna ( grandmother). The bombetta was unique and had a nice texture All in all a. Good evening.

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Fine dining restaurant with excellent specials and pasta. I went for lunch and received good service and it wasn't too busy although it is wise to make reservations. Tiramisu was delicious!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

One of the best restaurant experiences I have ever had - anywhere. Service was attentive but not hovering, and the food was first-rate Italian. Both my son and I had the signature Carpaccio to start, and loved the sauce and the presentation.
For mains we both had different pastas; the portions were large and very tasty. Not a cheap restaurant, but it certainly delivered value for money.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

On Father's Day we went here with friends we were visiting. I always know a place will be good when there are a lot of locals dining there and Carpaccio's exceeded my expectations. Very wonderful menu and prepared dishes. Just a little crowed but that could be because it was Father's day. I will return here on my next visit to this area.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

My wife is an avid cook and insists on sampling the best food from our travels all over the world so when we say this is our favorite restaurant, it's not without lots to compare to!

We used to live in nearby Atherton and first discovered it after tasting their signature dish, the eponymous carpaccio. It surpasses any competition from even our dozen trips to Italy! Even their house salad is something we love, butter lettuce with a oil and vinegar dressing that's simply delicious. We order a pint to take home with us, along with some of the mustard that goes on their carpaccio.

The other fare has proven tasty as well, petrale al pomodoro being my favorite. There's a cozy bar and when the weather is nice, the windows along the sidewalk are opened, giving tableside dinners the feeling of eating at an outdoor cafe. Clientele is older and monied and the atmosphere lacks the current "lively" (read: "noisy") vogue of newer restaurants, likely reasons for its lack of appeal among the younger set.

New Years was a long-standing tradition when we were still living local but you need to reserve well in advance.

1  Thank VacationNani