“FUN local bar, TERRIBLE Pizzas”
Review of The Oasis

The Oasis
Ranked #18 of 123 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 15 October 2013

You can go through my history - I DONT give one star reviews to places normally. But this place was the pits.

What worked?
- Nice all-age, all-culture crowd at the place (no overly yuppy crowd here)
- the staff is pleasant

What was terrible?
- The pizza - it was about an inch thick, the base was BURNED. There was a bit of burned pizza topping that was delivered to me. The tomatoes were uncooked and simply heaped on top of the pizza. I basically scooped the flavorless cheese, olives and capsicum off as my dinner.Not to mention it took me around half an hour for it as well. Worst pizza ever. I could bake a better pizza than this.

There are newer reviews for The Oasis

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Does no one love buffalo wings here? The Oasis serves authentic, meaty chicken wings in authentic spicy Buffalo-style sauce that are not matched in the Bay Area, except by its sister restaurants in the Jake's group. And the atmosphere is old-style pub with wood tables and booths that must have been there since the place opened in the '50s. Sure the burgers and Philly cheesesteak are excellent. The pizza is decent if you really MUST have pizza here. But I live in Germany and it's the Wings that bring me back every time I visit the Bay Area.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Need I say more? I love having outdoor seating (with TV screens), free peanuts, and good beers. The food is basic bar food - perfectly fine. The peanuts and outdoor space make it a reasonable place to go with kids for a few beers and some bar food.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Like many others. Certainly as good as most. I've been going for about 25 years, and it's been consistent all of that time.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

The service was friendly, the beer selection was broad, the prices were reasonable and the pizza was very good. A nice welcoming ambience overall.