“Perfect Hotel Experience”

Stanford Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Menlo Park
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Just the right size hotel, service and amenities, the New York Times and Wall Street Journal laid on, a wonderful bar/lounge to hang out in with a laptop. Great new fitness room and outdoor pool. Lovely staff. Quiet room. the public rooms are roomy and inviting. The plumbing works! the basic and bathtub drains are not clogged!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 29 March 2011

Until recently, I was familiar with the Stanford Park Hotel’s bar area only. Drinks were always well made and the food was tasty. But last night, I stayed overnight and it was, hands-down, the best commercial hotel experience ever.

I called the hotel en route on an airline stopover and asked the front desk clerk to recommend a driver to pick me up at SFO. She quickly found my email address, made a reservation with their in-house driver, and before I boarded my flight to SFO she had emailed me the driver’s name and cell #, having made a reservation for me. When I arrived in SFO, the driver called me only minutes after we landed (I was still on the plane and it was clear he used a flight tracker). He showed up exactly where and when he said he would. His name is Sergey and he is great. When I got to the hotel at 8:30pm, I had a meeting in the bar and no time to check in. So while I was there at the bar, a waitress took my name, checked me in, and came back with a room key. The room was wonderfully appointed and had a comfortable bed. Good size and free wifi was fast. Wake up call came as scheduled. Above mentioned driver was really kind the next day--he picked me up at a meeting I had 4 miles away. Gym, pool and hot tub were clean and in great working order. Regarding the bar—the food is very tasty and the glasses of wine were generous pours. Late checkout of 3pm was exceedingly nice. I will come back to this place over and over. Only thing some people might care about it the rumble of the nearby Caltrain early in the morning. It was not loud enough to wake me and I actually liked it. Everybody with whom I dealt was incredibly friendly from the desk clerks to the bartender from Brooklyn, NY to the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2011

From check-in to check-out, the staff members were friendly, genuine and polished. As a solo woman business traveler, they made me feel secure and welcome.

I was very happy with the complimentary hotel amenities - the 24 hour fitness center, social wine hour, fresh cookies in the evening and most of all, the I pads and wi-fi in the Lounge at the Park - what fun!

My guest room was comfortable and inviting. I slept very well. Thank you for making my stay such a pleasant one.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Ms. Porter,
We are pleased to learn of your satisfaction with the services offered at the hotel especially our newest addition of iPads which are available for our guests to use in restaurant and lounge free of charge. Our guests have found these to be a fun addition for infotainment in the evening or to check email or headlines in the morning without having to use their lap top computer that may already be packed for travel. We look forward to welcoming you back tin April.
Patrick Lane, General Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2011

Just had an outstanding stay at the Stanford Park. The quality of the finishout of the rooms, service and ambience were excellent, and frankly a bit surprising. Thoughtful touches everywhere at a par with the best hotels in large cities. Also appreciated the complimentary internet and in room coffee, which are not typical of luxury properties. I do not know the Woodside folks who run the hotel, but I will be on the lookout for their other properties.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2011

This hotel is charming from the moment you drive in. The brown shingles, white trim and meticulously maintained lawn and garden tell you this is a special place before you walk in the front door. Once you do walk in the front door, you're greeted with attentive and personable service. I haven't be impressed by customer service like this in quite some time - it was done just right. The rooms and common areas were pristine and I love the comfort and personal touches you just don't find with a corporate, chain hotel. I only stayed one night but hope to return and spend more time relaxing in the beautiful outdoor space and enjoying a glass or 2 of wine at the charming and cozy bar!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2011

This is by far our favorite hotel in the area. The accommodations, the service, the amenities and the food are all first class. Everything you want or need is readily at hand. You feel as though the staff all know and appreciate you staying there. Complimentary wine is served during cocktail hour and free cookies & milk around 9PM.Several selections of complimentary newspapers await you in the lounge each morning and most days one is hanging on your room door. It has a large heated swimming pool and hot tub wireless internet and much more. Everything is spotless. Management knows how to run a hotel. It is definitely a special treat to stay there.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Located near Stanford and the Stanford Shopping Center (its flowers give one a quiet space for a morning walk to set up the day) this has the feel of an eastern elegant beach inn. The staff is special, well-trained and in touch with returning guests.
Some rooms have fireplaces, but all are exceptionally roomy and comfortable.
The re-done fitness center is a big improvement. The pool is tucked into a corner thus very relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
The Westin Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
#9 of 27 in Palo Alto
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Stanford Park Hotel? Share your experiences!