“A place I would stay again.”

Stanford Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Menlo Park
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“A place I would stay again.”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Great 4 star hotel. Really nice location. Minutes from downtown Palo Alto & Stanford University. We had a 2 double queen bedroom. And they upgraded us to a double bed suite at no extra charge. The pool was amazing. Service was great. Would come with my family again. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
NJ
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This is a beautiful hotel-more like a mini resort type with beautiful palm trees, a smiling doorman, outdoor dining, a great pool and super clean rooms. We were there for five great days enjoying time with our family. A great shopping mall is within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel and the price can be very affordable ,especially on the weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I needed to stay near Stanford Hospital as our son was having a serious operation requiring a week long stay. We chose this hotel because of its great reviews. It has not disappointed. The room and grounds are wonderful. The staff are delightful. Even the restaurant has been been great. The room is spacious and comfortable. Two sinks, one in the shower and one out which is perfect for a couple. The bed is quite comfortable. Good free wifi throughout the hotel. Excellent fitness center. Heated pool and spa. Outdoor dining area. Even entertainment- steel drum band from St Lucia when we dined. We were married there. Bartenders were honest about any requests for advise and attentive. Free bike rentals, car service, and many more services. Our only very minor annoyances were a bathroom fan that was ineffective and a rain head shower which I like but my wife doesn't. Only half a complaint on the latter as we just put put both types in our bathroom at home. Lol. Our son came through his ordeal well and we thank the staff here for their wonderful attitudes. Nice place to be. Ask for Aaron at the bar. Great guy.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Myron1947
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We came for a college visit and chose this hotel based on the reviews. it is an adorable hotel very close to Stanford. The room was clean, comfortable and attractively furnished. The outside patio is wonderful and the food is very good.

if you are a shopper, then you are in luck! The hotel is within walking distance to a wonderful high-end shopping mall!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed here on business for 2 nights. The room was clean and comfortable and there were some nice small touches including some free bottled water on the first night, complimentary iPad or Kindle available for reading (I did not take advantage of this), free Wifi. The first night I faced the courtyard and was kept awake by a noisy party of people talking and laughing, but the second night was quiet and I slept well. The food in the dining area was good, though the service was a little spotty.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This was my first time in Silicon Valley. The name sounds very "silicon", but I was surprised that the Silicon Valley is one of the most peaceful and green places I have ever seen. But anyway, most of the people visiting the valley are there for business. Like myself. I was very lucky by staying at Stanford Park Hotel. 5-10 minutes after the meeting, I was at the hotel, where I felt like home. Just 2 floors, large rooms, very warm atmosphere, nice bar and restaurant. Plus a shopping mall right across the street, also one of the best burgers is at walking distance (you have to try).

Room Tip: I stayed at corner suite. It was really like home.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Montreaveler
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Ahmel,

Thank you for your great review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. There is so much to see and do here in the Bay Area. Our front desk staff would be happy to assist you in finding your way to interesting and fun activities on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2013

So, I can see my parents (60s) liking the charm of this hotel. It has no elements of a chain. It has an old school bar, pretty drive-up, and cordial staff. However, the rooms are fairly traditional (18th century style furniture, and 80s colors and styling). Not my preference, but I'm sure my parents and others would probably enjoy it. The room service was pretty rough, among the worst entree I've had in years of travel (the roast half chicken was seriously rubber and had no seasoning -- it should absolutely be taken off the menu). The toiletries and amenities (robe, towel) were fairly standard, nice enough. I was able to print some items to the concierge, but there is no wireless printing as at some hotels in the area (i.e., Four Seasons, Westin). Aside from the fact that I like hotels that are individual, boutiquey, I'd prefer to stay at several of the other area hotels in this same general star category (Westin Palo Alto, Four Seasons East Palo Alto). All of the hotels in Menlo Park / Palo Alto tend to be pricey, but at least the Four Seasons makes you feel like the extra money got you something. I'll use the Four Seasons anytime I can (their rates vary wildly -- from $255 a night to $1000 a night for a standard room, so it's an option sometimes but not always).

Room Tip: Good chance you can get updated to a suite for no charge. Just ask if they don't offer at check...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for staying at the Stanford Park Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the staff to be cordial and that the hotel has a residential charm too.

I will look into the reason that your roasted chicken dish in room service was not to your liking and I sincerely appreciate that you have shared your experience with me, through this review.

I hope that we can earn your patronage by rectifying our food quality issue in room service and through the introduction of a new design that we will be using when we embark on a $6M renovation in just a few short months.

If you would be so kind as to contact me personally I will oversee the arrangements for your next visit and share our new decor concepts and give you a tour of our new model room as well.

Again, thank you for staying at the hotel and for providing specific and actionable feedback which will allow us to fulfill your expectations on your future visits.

I look forward to hearing from you, and meeting you in person.

Respectfully and sincerely,
#3 of 10 in Menlo Park
The Westin Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
#9 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Stanford Park Hotel? Share your experiences!