“A Welcoming Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, Canada
“A Welcoming Hotel”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I spent two wonderful days at the hotel. The room was spacious and very comfortable, and the staff was extremely courteous, friendly, and unpretentious. The restaurant provided lovely breakfasts at prices I felt were reasonable. I certainly enjoyed my time there.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my ground floor room looking into the courtyard. These rooms are quieter, I think, than th...
Green Features: The hotel should provide a separate wastebasket for recyclables. They do, however, use enviro-friendly showerheads, and encourage reusing towels.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I wish I knew about the Stanford Park long ago. I visit family in the bay area frequently and my brother suggested this hotel. Our flight arrived late at night but the staff was upbeat and enthusiastic when we pulled up. Our room was fabulous and the bed so comfortable we fell asleep quickly. We were on east coast time but were fully adjusted when we awoke. The Menlo Grill at the hotel is excellent and convenient. Shopping and restaurants are a pleasant walk north or south on El Camino. And the fresh cookies at bedtime were a lovely touch.

Room Tip: I heard that the back of the hotel has train noise. But we never heard it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights in a spacious room facing El Camino. With the double windows we did not hear road traffic. The room was equipped with everything we needed and more. Beds were comfy, internet worked fine. Hotel is clean and staff very friendly.
The only complaint was that they are renovating the hotel and the hammering started at 9:00am which was too early.
The restaurant is a little pricey but has good food. Will stay again after renovation is complete.

Stayed December 2013
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Mellow,

Thank you for spending the holidays with us! It is good to hear you found the hotel comfortable and with all the amenities you enjoy. I am sorry you heard some hammering during your visit but I promise it will be well worth it when our renovation is complete. Our guestrooms will boast more comfort and luxury than ever before. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you on your return and hearing how you like the result.

Patrick
Tampa FL
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We only stayed at Stanford Park one night. Wish we could have stayed a week. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was large with a fireplace. The fireplace was very welcome because it was a chilly night. Great shower. The bed was very comfortable, as were the chairs with foot stools. The only meal we had was breakfast and it was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stay at the Stanford Park Hotel almost every year during Thanksgiving weekend when we are in Palo Alto enjoying the holiday with family. The hotel is well located with close proximity to great restaurants, shopping and the Stanford University campus. It is a gracious property with many amenities -- complimentary wine at 5:00 p.m. and delicious cookies at 9:00 p.m.

The lobby area and bar are inviting. We enjoyed drinks by the fire after dinner. We didn't have a chance to eat at the Menlo Grill (the hotel restaurant) this time, but we hear it's very good. We did make time to use the fitness room, which is extremely pleasant. I am always amazed that many nice hotels have inadequate fitness centers, which is happlily not the case at the Stanford Park. The gym equipment appears to be new and well maintained, and the room has lots of windows.

As a general matter, I tend to prefer more contemporary boutique hotels but this property is so nice that its more traditional feel is very appealing and welcoming. The rooms are nice and spacious, and we slept very well (a key priority for me when I travel).

The staff is accommodating and professional from the bellman to the GM. John Bunting, the front desk manager, was extraordinarily helpful and responsive regarding a follow-up matter after our stay.

We look forward to our next visit back to the Stanford Park!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very expensive since all the bay area was book solid so I ended paying $700 us a night!! Room was comfortable and spacious. Shower broke and the fixed it promptly. Beds are good. Staff is nice. Internet acces is good. Breajfast could use a couple of healthy options. All the decor is vintage it kind of reminded me the movie The shinning... redrum :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Calvarius,
Thank you for visiting the Stanford Park Hotel. We want to let you know we began our renovation project of all the guest rooms on Dec 13, 2013 with expected completion in March 2014. In addition to the guest rooms we have renovations planned for several of the public spaces as well. Our next projects will include the bar, lobby, lobby restrooms, reception and the most exciting will be the new fire pits in the garden courtyard. We hope you will visit us again and let us know how you like the new furnishings and design.

Patrick
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The second you pull up to the main entrance, your experience truly begins. From a very professional and cordial staff to the housekeepers and wait staff- everyone is there to make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible. We had a few specific requests at dinner....and they were met without a blink of an eye. After we left, we soon realized my son had left his swim trunks in the room. Before we knew it the item was getting ready to be shipped to our home in Boulder! You won't be disappointed and I am willing to bet you will be a repeat customer! Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Definitely take advantage of the cookies and coffee at 9 pm in the lobby!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family