“Great place”

Stanford Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Menlo Park
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Impressive rooms, friendly environment and good cussine. Staff is helpful and supportive. I had to stay in Standford for several weeks and became home away of home. I planed initially to rent an apartment after some days in the hotel. Then I realized it was not worth it. The Hotel had everything you need and they know how to make you feel at home.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank femab
Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Since our son entered Stanford University, we have enjoyed the warm ambience and accommodations of the Stanford Park countless times. The rooms are nicely appointed. The staff is warm and friendly. The lobby and bar area of the Menlo Grill seems to have a convivial atmosphere at all times of the day. The hotel is walking distance to Stanford University and conveniently located across from the Stanford Shopping Center. This is the only place we stay when visiting Palo Alto/Menlo Park area. You won't be disappointed!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank junetalks
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Quiet, nice patio for drinks/appetizer in good weather, great service and excellent restaurant.
This is a good place to meet and dine as its close to Stanford, Palo Alto, etc. takes reservations, has plenty of space in the bar and very comfortable seating and is pretty quiet acoustically... Plenty of daily papers to choose from and 1 can either grab a few items at the bar for breakfast w/coffee or partake of the sit down dining room which is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 3298Val
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Lovely lobby and courtyard. At night the fireplaces are lit and lovely. Staff was great and the room was large and comfortable. Good shower and two sinks one in bathroom one just outside.my room overlooked the courtyard which is lit at night. The grounds are nice and the whole place has a charming old fashioned feel. But it has all the modern amenities, including excellent wi-fi,easy to log on to. Starbucks coffee at the bar in the AM was a nice surprise.

There is a train station nearby and fairly frequent trains during the day with a audible whistle. It did not bother my sleep at all, I actually found it soothing. I never did run into the cookies.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane G
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I went with my 2 daughters and my wife to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. We booked 2 rooms. Checking in was swift and enjoyable, front desk staff was very informative about the facility. Wade (doorman/valet ) (sorry if name is wrong) was very professional and utter friendly. He made me feel as if we were old friends! The rooms were very nice and spacious. There is a heated pool and a jacuzzi which we were very happy to use. The pool area is very beautiful and cozy. My wife wants to celebrate next anniversary over at this place. Lets wait and see!!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the courtyard. Better if you get looking the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vimaln74
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I spent two wonderful days at the hotel. The room was spacious and very comfortable, and the staff was extremely courteous, friendly, and unpretentious. The restaurant provided lovely breakfasts at prices I felt were reasonable. I certainly enjoyed my time there.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my ground floor room looking into the courtyard. These rooms are quieter, I think, than th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Faigl
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I wish I knew about the Stanford Park long ago. I visit family in the bay area frequently and my brother suggested this hotel. Our flight arrived late at night but the staff was upbeat and enthusiastic when we pulled up. Our room was fabulous and the bed so comfortable we fell asleep quickly. We were on east coast time but were fully adjusted when we awoke. The Menlo Grill at the hotel is excellent and convenient. Shopping and restaurants are a pleasant walk north or south on El Camino. And the fresh cookies at bedtime were a lovely touch.

Room Tip: I heard that the back of the hotel has train noise. But we never heard it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
#6 of 27 in Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
#9 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Stanford Park Hotel? Share your experiences!