“Excellent Hotel”

Stanford Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Menlo Park
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at the Stanford Park Hotel on a short business trip, and I wish I could have stayed longer!. This cozy, comfortable hotel would be the perfect place for a family vacation. Not only the location is perfect, but also the staff is very well trained and was ready to provide evertything I asked for.
I surely recommend the Stanford Park Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Stanford Park Hotel on business, and I couldn't have been more comfortable. This quaint, cozy hotel nestled in the trees would be the perfect place for a weekend escape and I can't wait to bring my fiance back with me. The room was fabulous-- I had everything I needed, and although I did not indulge in the mini bar snacks/drinks, it was well-stocked and very reasonably priced. The service was perfect at this hotel, and we enjoyed a couple nights at their restaurant and with drinks on their lush patio. I didn't get a chance to take a dip in their pool, but I had a nice view of it from my room and it looked beautiful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor with a view of the pool-- amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Tara,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others by writing a review. It is gratifying to know our staff provided you with excellent service and that you had opportunity to enjoy both the restaurant and courtyard ambiance. Be sure to visit again soon, the pool awaits you!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Stanford Park Hotel is a beautiful "old world" hotel, nestled in a woodsy area off the main street in Stanford. It's so charming, reminiscent of East Coast luxury hotels found in New England, the Adirondacks, etc. We loved it! Every amenity provided, perfect little touches in the room. Wonderful! Seems to be mainly a corporate property, prices midweek are high. So any weekend stays are a good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is the first time I have stayed at the Stanford Park in several years. It has improved with time. The room was comfortable and the reception, bell service, dining and housekeeping staff were all well trained and friendly. Excellent value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the railroad side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Fred,

Thank you for your return visit to the hotel and for your very nice comments. When we decided to renovate the hotel it was to refresh and update rather than change the warm comfortable feeling so many of our visitors enjoy. It is nice to receive confirmation that were successful. I am delighted that we met your expectation with the service and value provided and hope this means you will visit more frequently.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is my third stay at the Stanford Park. As usual, it was wonderful. The location to all activities in Palo Alto - Menlo Park can't be beat. If Stanford is your destination, this is the hotel. You will be pampered during your stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear WHHLaw,

I am glad to learn how much you enjoyed your visit and that our location was so convenient for you. I hope you visit us again next time you travel here from Tulsa and thank you for taking time to review us.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed in Stanford Park Hotel last week for three days. It is an exceptional Hotel. I came to town for business for the first time. Staying here made me feel like I am on vacation after work every day. It is a very special Hotel. I travel frequently worldwide . But this hotel amaze and surprise me in excellence, detail and quality in each and every way. The service from check-in to restaurant to housekeeping was superb. The detail in every way was excellent. The rooms are very beautiful in every sense. The outside seating both inside yard and outside very special. The landscape is very peaceful. The restaurant service and food were excellent. This hotel exceeded my expectation in each and every point of view. I am very picky and very hard to please, but this hotel offered nothing but excellence in each and every possible way. I be traveling to Palo Alto for business often and this hotel will be my number one choice. This hotel would be an excellent choice for a romantic stay since it offers nothing but joy and beauty.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have stayed at the Stanford Park Hotel numerous times because we can always count on superb, friendly service, and luxurious, comfortable rooms in this hotel that is warm and inviting throughout and very convenient to Palo Alto and Stanford. Even the gym is first-rate with plenty of modern equipment, space, and even complimentary fruit-laced water and apples. The warm chocolate chip cookies available in the lobby at night are a special treat, too. The real standout feature is the service--everyone we've encountered at the hotel over many years is professional, genuinely friendly, and eager to please, making a visit to the hotel a pleasant, uplifting experience. ---Jeanne F

Room Tip: Please note that we've always requested quiet rooms and been happy with them so the train noise...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Lucent
Hotel Lucent
#2 of 11 in Menlo Park
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Stanford Park Hotel? Share your experiences!