“Very Good Middle Eastern”
Review of Sultana

Sultana
Ranked #13 of 123 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Menlo Park, CA
“Very Good Middle Eastern”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've been here many times. The food is good, the service good. I like the Imam Bialdi (the priest fainted). P likes the kebabs. They often host big tables.

• Visited March 2014

Del Mar, California
“Nice evening out”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Service was very attentive and food was very good. We enjoyed the assorted appetizer plate (shared among the five of us). All mains were good, especially the stuffed eggplant.

• Visited May 2014
San Jose, California
“In search of our Istanbul experience - best so far”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I recently returned from a trip to Istanbul and came away with a love for Turkish food. We've been looking for a good option near home and Sultana is the best reviewed Turkish we've found so far. While not quite as good as the places we dined in Istanbul - Sultana is a great option. My wife tried the vegetarian options and I had the manti (turkish ravioli) and we were not disappointed. They even served the Efes beer that had become part of my routine on our trip. The outdoor courtyard is great...surprisingly peaceful even though it's next to a large parking lot. Staff is efficient and friendly. One transit note - in addition to being close to ample parking - it's easy walking distance from the Caltrain - Menlo Park station.

• Visited April 2014
San Marcos, California
“Middle Eastern food prepared with a light hand”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Never having eaten at a Turkish restaurant, my friend and I thought this sounded intriguing. The restaurant was spotless, welcoming, and the food was delicious. We split the cold appetizer plate, I had the lamb kebab, and my friend had the "pomegranated" lamb/beef. All were perfectly prepared and wonderful, and the side dishes were, too. My friend had the cheese dessert, and loved it. Next time we go, I want to eat outside in their back patio/garden area. The food was very much like Greek or other Middle Eastern, except that it seemed more delicately prepared. My kebab was exactly medium rare, for instance; and I've had many kebabs that were overcooked in other restaurants.

• Visited April 2014
Falmouth
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our friend from the area was having a birthday and we left the choice of restaurants up to her. She went to Yelp and found Sultana which none of us had ever been to before. What a wonderful surprise. Three of us had the seafood kabob and my wife had the lamb. We also had hot appetizer and desert. What a treat and at a modest price. The menu is varied and should be appealing to many tastes. Our waitperson was helpful and gave us space to enjoy relaxed conversation. I would not be hesitant to go back and in fact want to do just that before leaving the area. The next time I'd like to try one of their salads.

• Visited March 2014